Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, guys. Just wanted to see if I might put out a few feelers with you all. I'm looking to do a leaf sprung SAS swap in the near future, in order to cure these insane urges that I get to sell my bronc. (I am /sooo/ tired of breaking IFS junk.)

Anyway. After having found nothing satisfactory in the local pick n pull, I was wanting to see if anyone had a heads-up on an available solid D44/60 in the Lake City/Gainesville/Ocala area. I don't mind driving to get it, nor pulling it out myself, as long as the price is right.

Anyway. If one of you guys can throw me a bone, i'd be quite appreciative. :thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
First off, welcome aboard man!! I feel your pain as I am want to do two (yea, I know..I'm a greedy bastard:toothless ) SAS swaps.
I wanna do a D44 swap on my driver/cruiser and I'm doing a full one ton swap (engine and all) on my trailrig and I'm having trouble locating my parts as well. There are a few people on here that have 'em for sale and so far I can tell you that the guys from here plus shipping has been better than what I've seen localy (and I'm not that far from you). One other place you may try is a parts locator I use...last time I talked to him he said he could get me one but not a high pinion, which is what I was looking for. If ya wanna try him his number is 1-800-486-0922 ext. 8885 and his name is Casey. Just tell him Shane refered ya. Like I said, thats only if your looking for a D44..even he couldn't find me a D60..:shrug Good luck!:thumbup

Enjoy your stay here...:beer

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't consider you a greedy bastard at all. ;)

But yeah. I keep getting these evil ideas of selling the bronco, as it keeps eating ball joints and tires. But it's so much fun that I want to keep it, dammit. So I figure that if i'm gonna keep spending money, it may as well be for an axle and some fab work, rather than keep throwing it down the IFS Hole.

I want to get a 44 under there, and get my Ugly Little Girl shaped up into a real working trail rig, as opposed to a lawn ornament.

Anyway. Thanks for the welcome. Maybe we can meet up and go wheeling sometime, if I ever get my truck fixed.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Yea cool, we wheel down that way a pretty good bit...just keep an eye on this Dixie forum and you'll see us post the next ride!!:rebelflag Oh and read some of the old post for past rides, fun and carnage in your area!! One of our fav. spots is the northern end of the Ocala forrest, a little east of you, in Polatka!!!:thumbup

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,699 Posts
Hey matt, welcome to the site and the Dixie Chapter like Blaze said. I think most of us who have been around here long enough have been bitten by the SAS bug. I'm starting to get sick with it as we speak. You might want to try checking out the Clay County 4x4's site, those guys have some different things on there from time to time and may be able to track one down pretty near you. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts