Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Help! Can someone tell me (preferably with pictures since I have no idea what I 'm doing) how I can get the passenger side window that is now stuck in the down position, to go up manually?

We're talking about an '86 Full Size Bronco 8 cyl. 5.0 litre (302) FWD with power windows (of course).

Also any hints on what to look at before replacing the motor besides loose connections, which I don't have?

I have seen a lot of information on this subject on here, but being mechanically challenged, I really need someone to talk very slowly and very loudly and draw pretty pictures.

Thanks so much,
Jo (pffffuuhyhhf...jeez, us girls huh?)

·
Registered
226 Posts
this works for me when my window gets stuck down. TURN KEY ON, HAVE SOMEONE HOLD THE UP SWITCH, AND POUND ON THE DOOR PANEL.

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
When my window got stuck down, I had a friend press the switch and I pulled the window up at the same time.
Befrore buying a new motor for it, open your old one up and look at the torque pics (search on this site for them) and check those.

·
Registered
116 Posts
some basic info

ok,..

step 1:
remove the interior door pannel, and look at the internals of the door.
learn. take your own pictures. pick up a haynes manual, LEARN.

step 2:
use appropriate tools to remove window motor. 12v test the window motor.
if it works, then you know that the motor isnt the problem.

step 3:
quote: joheckster (...now stuck in the down position, to go up "manually"?)
why manually?
change the door then, get a manual door/panel and do the conversion.
otherwise get a working motor from a junk yard...or even from a seller on FSB!... and LEARN how to fix your window....its easy.

good luck :popc1:

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
When i bought my BKO the drivers window was stuck in the down position, and the PO taped in a peice of plexiglass as a replacement.

I pulled off the door panel and found the plug going to the motor. Then used a multi-meter to see if the motor was getting power. This will tell you if the motor is bad. Althought it is possible for the switch and motor to be bad, so don't think you are out of the woods yet....

Mine was the motor. Since I didn't have the $$$ to fix the motor, and it was winter, I cut a peice of 2x2 the right length and just used it as a prop to keep the window up.

When you go to replace the motor you will hate Ford. They rivited the motor in place. You will need to drill/grind those out (there are 4 IIRC) to get the motor out, and replace them with bolts. It is not a fun job, but not to complicated.

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
press up on the window button then get some needle nose pliers and pull it out enough for you to grab and pull up then just get a new motor and put it in simple as that .....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Window Stuck

Thanks for all the good advice. I did find pictures and I'll give it a try. I'm glad you all told me how to get the window up before I get the chance to change the motor if needed. Cuz its cold out there! I'll be back. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
have the same problem with the pass. window on mine. i had a spare motor laying around so i took the panel off and hooked it up to the switch to confirm it worked. it did, so i know my motor (in truck) is probaly bad b/c its most likely not going to be a loose connection. pounded on the door like before said. :( didnt work. looks like i have to swap the motors. not a fun task, so little space, so little parts, so much fun.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,547 Posts
I've fixed a couple of them, they're not too bad. Maybe you've found these already, but here's a couple of good links with pics:

adrianspeeder's pics adrianspeeder -He's doing torque pins for a passenger window, & shows where to drill.
Power Window Problems -Torque pins, motors, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
you should also take the window motor apart for loose or torn wires. i know thats what happened on the drivers side on my bronco and i found out that the wires to the motor were in pieces lol so what i did was i picked one up from the junk yard and it worked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts