Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used the Search function, have not found a comparable thread. My vent will not fully close, the lock/handle seems to be loose but not enough for the gap it has, or it appears that way. It has a gap at the very corner facing towards front of the truck.

I'd like to get this resolved before the next rain to minimize water damage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took more detailed photos in the light. It appears the existing weatherstripping is swollen/decaying from age, keeping it from properly closing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the size, I forget a lot of people use their cell phones or tablets for surfing the web. I was using the iPad since I left my charging cable to my laptop in my car that was left at the house of the PO when I took the Bronco home.

To me, it looks a lot of the weatherstripping is just brittle and needs replacing. I've got a few leaks to fix, leaking at the top of windshield, where the inside cover panel mounts over the headliner/window joint. After reading another post, I see you mentioned to just clean all the old sealer out to bare metal, reseal the window.

And both doors need outside/inside weatherstripping/dew wipes, all around the door rubber completely replaced.

Picking up some Ospho to spray down the vehicle until I can get the rust cut out and new panels welded in. Luckily my body guy is interested in my 84' Fiero for his son, working a barter to get the body straight with $2K credit from the trade.

I also saw the post about the drain channel tears/rust, from the outside, it looks superficial, but we all know the rust rule, there's about 2x more you cannot see.

I have my work cut out for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What the picture may not have shown, is there's a tear and it generally looks worn out as does the rest of the rubber in both windows. Though the drivers side vent gasket looks to be in decent condition.

Inside the pink box, that side is in that condition almost all the way up. That's what I believe is keeping the glass from pivoting into the correct position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts