Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 EB 1993 FSB. My pasenge side window rolls down but not up unless i do it manually. However, the motor is definitly runnig. If I HIT THE SWITCH IT HELPS ME ROLL IT BACk UP. IT IS QUITE A PAIN. I OPENED THE INSIDE OF THE DOOR THINKING IT WAS OFF TRACK BUT IT APPEARS TO BE OK. IT SEEMs IT's SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE GEARS BUT I'M NOT SURE. How do i get the motor out to inspect it? Also my back window only rolls up & down with an external battery source by changing the polarity of the wires, but othewise it won't move. Summer is coming up and I need the windows. P.S how do i get inside the door to remove and inspect these problems
Please help
, Kevin (CTO)

:whiteflag :rofl: :wacko

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
for the passenger window. once you take off the panel- youll see three indensions inthe metal, you drill out those indensions, and there are bolts behind them. then unbolt the three bolts and the motor will drop. get a chilton or haynes and itll show you exactly how to do it.
to get to the rear window motor, let down your tailgate and unscrew the metal panel on the inside part of the Tgate. its a big oval plate/panel.

again, get a chiltons or haynes and itll show you how to do it.
ace

·
Registered
161 Posts
Go to the technical section and do the a search for power windows. I know everybody tells you this but it works.

I replaced my drivers and pass window motor this weekend. The drivers door took some time figuring out, but the passenger door only took 30 mins!

There is one post that even has the pics set up for you to follow.

Awesome sight here for any info you'll need.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Its most likely just the motor. I just repaired, not replace my window motor, its too expensive. What happens is the roller bearings go out inside the motor, they disentergrate. It will still turn, but when the motor experiences any resistance(force of moving the window) the motor just slips. You can replace the motor at $60, or order this kit off ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...ewItemQQcategoryZ33706QQitemZ8046418158QQrdZ1 it costs 6.75 that includes shipping. If your motor turns, its still good. I had exactly identical problems as you described.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
search "delrin" nevermind i'll do the foot work http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/search.php?searchid=562087

but its just three little circles that go inside the gear.... they break down after years of use... the gear itself is almost always ok.... i've gotten em from the "help" section at several auto parts stores but sometimes they are sold out and i have gotten them off ebay cheap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts