Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here. Just got a 1990 Eddie Bauer. The passenger window was stuck but I could hear the motor trying to pull it down. The Weather stripping was rotted and gooey so I thought that was the problem. After taking it out the window went up and down fine, but i noticed there was barely any room for the window to fit between the vertical door frames even without the rubber in there. Alas, when did put in the weather stripping, as expected, the window would not go up because the fit was too tight. Has anyone seen this problem, as if the window is too big?

I does look like the window has been replaced due to the sloppy glue that attaches the window to the arm, so perhaps it was installed incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
642 Posts
:stupid yeah pictures would help alot, but the way your describing it sounds like somebody put thicker glass in. Welcome to the forums! :thumbup

·
Registered
666 Posts
does spraying the seals with WD40 or like improve the movement? The PO could have opted for replacement glass that is thicker than stock or the window guide could be out of alignment. Pulling the door panel and lubing the guides is about an hour job. I would live with it until you have the window rubber in hand to restore the window.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts