Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed over to a stick last year and was kind of worried that they would fail me for not having an automatic, since in '95 you couldn't buy a new F150/Bronco with anything other than the auto. A guy on here named PaperOrPlastic said there was a lawsuit about out of state vehicles having probs registering here and they won and it doesn't matter anymore.

Anyway, he was right, the guys at the "smog only" didn't even think about it and the government is letting me keep my Bronco for another two years.

So, if anyone out there was wanting to change over to a stick and might have been concerned about that little detail, go ahead and do it because it freakin' rocks to have a manual trans on this thing. I really have fallen in love with Lurch, my Bronco, all over again!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
i dont see how that would have anything to do with smog. I mean yea, changing the engine makes sense with emissions, but not a trans.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
:stupid

The smog / vacum tag under the hood doesn't mention the tranny on it. My only guess is on his later model rig, he didn't swap the computers so the check engine light was on which would make you fail the visual for CA smog.

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
the problem I had heard while talking to a person at CARB was that if there isnt an option in the computer for that trans that there might be a problem. they said that all trany swaps had to have the corresponding motor with it.

Im glad to here you didnt have a prob, as mine is coming due soon and i too swapped in a manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts