Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question for the pro's (yeah you all). I've got a guy on the line that is selling some 33's for a reasonable price, 225 for a set of four plus a new 5th without damage. The only catch is that it looks like someone slashed the 3 of them with a box cutter, about a half inch slit on three of the four tires. They are patched and are currently on the truck and hold air. My first reaction to seeing them in person was to walk away from the deal. What is your take on this, did I do the right thing?

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Ya.. Walk away.. I have a tire on the chevy with a sidewall patch, but it's just a tiny pinhole.. Other then that I wouldn't trust a patch..

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
all them people above me are right......the majority of your pressure is at the sidewalls, it's also the thinnest part of the tire

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
As far as I know, no shop will pach a side wall. They get tossed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the replies. I figured that this was a no-brainer. Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
you never repair sidewalls it is unsafe they flex and move too much for the patch to hold safely

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
THats not even a good deal for used tires, I bought a 85 blazer with a full tank of gas and 32" BFG A/T's with about 7-8K on it for $50 bucks.

Oh and it had about $1700 in performance goodies bolted to the 350:thumbup

Edit:
and I buy my 36" Bias ply hummer tires for $100 for 5

and 6 31 BFG A/T's 50-60% tread for $150 6 years ago

Ive only bought 8 new tires in my whole life, and they went on a car lol

·
Registered
686 Posts
like we tell the customers at goodyear. Think of a patch on the sidewall like your palm, now open and close it. does it look like a patch would stay there? NO so you need to buy a new tire.:twak (some people just don't understand)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts