Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its driving me nuts. just so you know what im talking about its #64 in this pic http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/624513_1 thanks to steve83 i found out what its called but no idea where to buy it. i just replaced my pcv valve and grommet and realized that the tube that was there fell apart when i pulled the old pcv valve out of it. the guy at auto zone told me 3/4" heater hose would work but the elbow fitting is slightly smaller than the pcv valve. can anyone help me out?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
I'd suggest you stop going to AutoZone for parts OR advice, and I hope you're not using their PCV valve. Use only the Motorcraft part.

You can get the PCV elbow at a Ford dealership. There should be a hose clamp securing the PCV valve in the elbow.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im considering not going there anymore (i had an employee tell me that you put Z-max in the gas tank to help my oil work better. "uhhh...no." and i walked out and went to napa haha) and i am using the motorcraft part. i have the elbow that goes in the valve cover and i have the valve and clamp juts need the hose with the 90* for between. i may stop down at the dealership tomorrow to see what they got. can i use a pre-bent heater hose for that and cut it to fit if the dealership cant help me?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
You probably could, but I'm hesitant to recommend it since oil can swell rubber hoses.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good luck at the dealership. I was looking for that same piece and my local dealership told me that it was discontinued along with some other hoses I needed for my smog equipment hose replacement project. The parts guy pulled out some other hoses but nothing really worked and those pieces were way over priced. I ended up using some heater hose with a 90 degree elbow I picked up at Autozone or Checkers. So far it has held up although my Bronco is not my daily driver.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Good question...I have the same hose laying on my work bench right now. It looks like it is standard rubber type hose. Maybe it does have some special chemical makeup, but it sure looks like a molded piece of rubber hose to me. I ditched the 90 degree plastic elbow and the molded hose in favor of placing the PCV directly in the rubber grommet of the passenger side valve cover. I then used a re-routed hose to the vacuum tree on the upper manifold as the vacuum source. The upper intake does completely cover up the PCV valve, but I figure it should be good for a few years and XX,000 miles before replacing it again. By that time I will have some reason to pull the upper intake again to replace it.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i ended up just buying some heater hose and im gonna see how long that lasts. another question though. does the valve have to bein the same position as it was from the factory. reason i ask is bcuz right now i have a hose coming off the elbow and the valve is connected to that and then there is another hose connecting to the intake manifold. right now the valve is about the same height as the elbow and is at a 90* compared to factory possition [it came like this | now its like this --] is that ok or do i need to change it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just an idea for you.When I want specalty hose,I go to a company that sells just that.I searched hose san diego and came up with half a dozen companies.Heres one http://www.charterindustrial.com Some times ya gotta think outa the box (vautozone phui stuff):chili::chili:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
yeah i ended up just buying some heater hose and im gonna see how long that lasts. another question though. does the valve have to bein the same position as it was from the factory. reason i ask is bcuz right now i have a hose coming off the elbow and the valve is connected to that and then there is another hose connecting to the intake manifold. right now the valve is about the same height as the elbow and is at a 90* compared to factory possition [it came like this | now its like this --] is that ok or do i need to change it?
I would change the orientation so the PCV is near vertical again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts