Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Ford Bronco, beefed up 351w, JBG HD rear springs, JBG 4” coil, 10.25 rear posi, Dana 44 posi
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Move you PVC to # 5 and the breather to #4 like it was when it came from the factory, pvc above # 4 will suck up oil because the drain back to pan is right there, above # 5 the drain back starts and ends at # 8. I had issues with this and looking at some old picture I moved my pvc and breather, now no issues.
By move the pcv do you mean move it to over where the oil fill and breather are. I will have to look up pcv systems and what all is involved

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,551 Posts
Yes it makes more sense to put the valve fitting on the drivers side front spot, due to where the oil and such is in most pushrod Ford engines. This is not the way most people have them installed, for whatever reason.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
The sniper is Speed Desnity based, with a Wideband for tuning... its is seemingly super sensitive to changes in vacuum especially to get a good idle. This is some of the reason why an open intake works better with the these TBI kits too... The stock ford springy valve tends to fight with the sniper and the sniper gets kind of into an endless correction loop. At least from my experience with the stock ford pcv valve.
I just went to an open breather setup, but the orifice style PCV will give the sniper a constant pcv signal (vacuum), instead of the check valve design that is stock. It tends to operate more consistent as such.
That is all from my own experience, maybe totally off on that and/or I am sure over simplifing the issue.
Thanks, great explanation for why this thread is even required. On my FI fox bodies, I gut PCV and send that to a catch can, then to the ground. I also use the port on one stock config valve cover (that usually goes back to throttle body) and put a barb fitting in the other valve cover. I tie those to lines together and it goes to a second catch can, (then again, to the ground).

Of course you don't get evacuation of oil (and more importantly water vapors), so you have to change oil more often, but we are talking very limited use vehicles anyway.
(I also don't want positive pressure in crank case from boost and I have mass air to deal with, neither are the case here I realize).

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,551 Posts
I feel this is amplified in the sniper setup due to the placement of the MAP sensor being right there in the TBI unit also....

·
Registered
5 Posts
21 - 25 of 25 Posts