Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im looking for that ''peal and seal'' sound deadner stuff but can't find it, i have been to lows and home depote but they don't know what it is and i don't know what im looking for, whats it look like in the store, whare can i get it, lol is that even what its called, what do i ask them for? is it in roofing or what?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
There are other brands of similar stuff. I forget the brand of the last set I used in my Mustang, but it doesn't have to be exactly Peal and Seal.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
There are other brands of similar stuff. I forget the brand of the last set I used in my Mustang, but it doesn't have to be exactly Peal and Seal.
Peel and Seal will most likely be the cheapest.

what happens if dynamat gets wet? Is it worth doing in a mostly mall crawler?
I would think the metal flashing on the outside would make it waterproof. It is worth doing regardless of what you us eyour truck for.

·
Registered
485 Posts
How much would material would it take to do the whole truck? What about cost? I've also read that some people use an off brand from ebay, is that stuff any good?

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
How much would material would it take to do the whole truck? What about cost? I've also read that some people use an off brand from ebay, is that stuff any good?
There are multiple threads on FSB that cover this topic.

I don't see how water could affect it since I don't kmow of anything that could make it mold, or lose it's tackyness (Not sure if that is a word).

The stuff I used was a similar price, same stuff, just different name on the lable

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,784 Posts
all of the different brands is the same stuff, unless you get Dynamat Xtreme (but that is big bucks). You might as well pay the cheapest for the same material without the name brand. SEARCH, there have been a thousand threads on this, even google it, there is a ton more information on there. You put it on the same way no matter what brand it is.

·
Super Moderator
26,319 Posts

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Dynamat works well because it's thick and heavy. This peel and seal stuff doesn't look very thick. For noise control, are you guys doubling it up?
IIRC it is the same thickness as the Dynamat I have seen in stores. And yes, I doubled my cab floor.

It is 100% identical to the Fatmat I bought.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts