Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and Saw A Perfect Circle tonight on their Thirteenth step tour. AWESOME. For anyone that listens to Tool/APC, Dont miss this show. They were soooo on it. Every last riff was perfect, and the show was just unbelievably done. It rained from the time they went on, till 2 minutes before they got off, and i dont think one person left.

Was a great show. James Maynard Keenan (Also lead singer of tool) Is a music creativity genius.

Well worth the $35 to go.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GearHead said:
i'm to old for that stuff, but they arnt to bad. i still like old tool better. opiate, undertow, anemia.
Yes, I agree. But, I was thouroghly (sp?) impressed with APC's performance. The earned alot of respect in my book last night.

Just thought i would share.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
ha, ive been to concerts that costed 10 bucks just last year. it depends on the venue and bands playing.

I would like to see APC again, i saw them on their first tour and they were great. From what ive heard, the new cd is amazing (i need to get it), so id love to hear it live.

·
Registered
331 Posts
It wasnt normally the kind of music I listen to so I discovered Tool thru APC. I gotta pick up the new CD and I'd love to go to the show. Two of my favorite bands now.

·
Only the Bronco
978 Posts
I seen Tool in concert a few years ago, damn it was good, seen them @ GM Place

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
GearHead said:
they sound good. kinda a tuned down tool.
35 beans? i remember when a concert was only 12 bucks.
in 92 i saw primus open for rush. i think it was 17 beans. probably the last show i went to.

the real sign youre getting old?

you say 'beans' when talking about dollars.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
SquattyD said:
the real sign youre getting old?

you say 'beans' when talking about dollars.
good one.

I have heard that both APC and Tool put on great shows. Do they actually show themselves?
That is one band (or two I guess) that I would like to see before I get to gearheads age and start litening to neal diamond or Barry.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Yeah, Tool is great live, too. But i havent seen em since Ozzfest '98. It was pretty funny though, to hear Maynard yelling at the crowd to take their clothes off, as he stripped down to his boxers after the first song:eek:

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
plug ugly said:
good one.

I have heard that both APC and Tool put on great shows. Do they actually show themselves?
That is one band (or two I guess) that I would like to see before I get to gearheads age and start litening to neal diamond or Barry.
There was an article in a recent issue of...Guitar One? Or Rush? I cant remember....About a photographer who went to shoot APC's new album pictures... They ended up taking all the pictures behind a frosted pane piece of glass. Maynard thinks that music should be all thats needed to make a band, Not the image and looks of its members. Its true, But sadfully, It never happens that way anymore.

Yes, The band did show themselves right off the bat. Maynard was behind a curtain for the first 2 songs, And then showed himself. I hear to this day he hardly ever shows his face at a live TOOL show tho....Interesting.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I saw Tool last year at First Union Center in Philly with Meshuggah opening. Tool was amazing. Honestly, the light show alone was worth the price of the ticket. They played for a solid 2 hours and played everything. Danny Carey was absolutely amazing and while Maynard stayed in the shadows, seeing him gyrate and dance with the music was pretty sweet. Anyway, if you have a chance to check them out, definitely do it. Tool is by far one of the most musically talented groups out there and the show they put on is AMAZING.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have driven four hours straight to see Tool, just because I had the opportunity. And i would do it again in a heartbeat! Depending on music preference, Tool, Perfect Circle, and 311 are the best shows I have ever seen. I saw Perfect Circle in Dallas just before the release of Thirteenth Step, and was one of the greatest performances I have ever seen. With the venue of 800 people max occupancy and Danny Careys side band (although very very strange) it made for a great show!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah tool and APC two awesome awesome bands. They are in my opinion the The Doors/Led Zepplin of today they are all musicaly creative and I dont think any band out today can compare to how great they are.

Ive seen Tool and APC everytime they come to CT (Tool twice and now APC twice when they come to Wallingford) so well worth the money spent to see them. :thumbup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts