Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 805 Posts

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres what im starting with: 1994 bronco XLT:thumbup,fully loaded. 302 5.0 factory maf. stock except for 32" M/Ts. this build will be done for Fuel efficiency and off road capability. the fuel efficiency mods will come soon. for now heres some pics:
first day she came home (4 years ago):

some off road:

as she sits:

she needs some love:whiteflag

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
well at least you wont have to carry any passengers. What mods are you gonna do to it?

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well at least you wont have to carry any passengers. What mods are you gonna do to it?
actually i have all the seats, they just arent in it. first is the electric fan.then tranny cooler and filter. power steering cooler, sixlitre tuneup, throttle body heater bypass, y pipe, belly pan. thats all i can think of right now
Where in JAX are you and where are you in those offroad pics?
in in fleming island on the southside. the first one is from a mud bog about 30 minutes out towards middleburg. the others are in a feilod we have here on the island. its vacant and not posted so we use it for our toys.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took some pics of what little progress i made, i didnt start till late and it looked like it was going to pour.

got both seat belt back in. used blue loctite on the bolts with dielectric grease around the flange to make it watertite.

and some random pics:
under the hood:

heres where the txfer case/tranny breather terminates, you can also see the diff breather that needs to be shortened and terminated. these will get a nice plate with fittings on it that will mount in that square hole.

heres where i want to put the auxillary fuse box i got, right about where the smog intake filter is. i think with some crafty hole redrilling i may have enough space.

and heres the bitchin oil leak thats so bad it lost oil pressure once.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it rained like hell today so all i got done was the new fuel filter, the stuff that came out of the inlet of the old one was black. after it had been raining for a while i went out to the bko to run some errands and i found this:

i dont know if you can see it but theres still some water left in there. when i came out it was about 2 inches deep in the b pillar corners. the truck hadnt been driven since the night before (it was dry then). so it appears i have a leak. i checked the rain gutters and they look like this:

the outside of the b pillar is dry so i think its running down the inside of the bpillar and then coming out of that square hole at the bottom. the water didnt drain either (cause the floors all sealed up:thumbup), it just sloshed around and out of the corners while driving.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone know where the leak would be coming from? could it be coming from the rain gutters?

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well progress is so slow but i have been getting some stuff done. the tranny access cover was water tested and had a bunch of leaks so i redid that. the tailgate was dissasebled and had mud in it. i replace the tailgate lock cylender with one that isnt ghetto rigged (it has the key). the wires have been reattatched to the floor with alex plus in the screw holes an the connectors greased. the airbag safing sensor is bolted back in. there were leaks behind the rain gutters from the cracks that formed. i sealed them up but the seam sealer i used was black so i had to prime and paint them. one side is pretty much done but the other has too much paint and has to be redone. it rained like hell today so i checked it a little while ago and the b pillar corners ar bone dry (knock on wood). after i seal the shifter cable boot and clean the floor the passenger area carpet should be ready for reinstallation. id tease you with all the parts i got for ol betsy but i dont wanna drag them out.lets just say theres alot and 2 are a part thats a goldmine for bronco modders. :thumbup

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
today sucked, i was hoping to get the cargo area carpet and side trim in. all i got done was the tailgate weatherstriping. i spent most of the day repairing the rotted defrost wires. it ttok forever cause i had to make 2 trips to radiaoshack, once when i needed solder and again when my soldering iron crapped out. then it started raining.

once the interior is done i think the first modification will be the tranny cooler/filter/temp gauge. i need to decide where to put the filter and temp gauge. the filter needs to be out of the way of debris and needs to be safe in the event of a collision. the temp gauge im thinking will go in the left hand corner of the winsheild or on top of the dash just to the right of the cluster bezel. i also may eventually get and mpguino and may integerate its housing with the one for the temp gauge so take that into consideration. i might weld a flange to the top of the right hand frame rail to mount the tranny filter to. does anyone see a problem with this?

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
almost done with the interior then i can start the tranny filter and cooler. i finally pulled out all the goodies i got for the bko.

·
Registered
649 Posts
This is like looking into my past. We have the same gray toolbox, efan, white truck, etc.

Keep it up.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is like looking into my past. We have the same gray toolbox, efan, white truck, etc.

Keep it up.
:haha

i went to the junkyard today. on the way there (second trip with the new fuel filter) it was gliding. it performed better than my dads trailblazer. on the way back though it felt kinda sluggish, and it was really sensitive. it would downshift easily. it feels like the engine isnt getting power to the road effectively. the original trans fluid from the last rebuild is still in there and it may have been overeheated. ill change it when i do the remote filter. i think it may be just lacking power cause of the old coil and possibly clogged cat. i gotta get the lock solenoids back in and finish some final touches then it will be all mods. i went to the dark side by getting cargo hooks from a tahoe. i like em so thats my excuse.

hows ur quarterhorse going? id want to adjust it so the tranny ONLY downshifts at absolute wide open throttle.

·
Super Moderator
25,801 Posts
yo, those cracks are prob the leak source. try some baby powder to find the entry point- puff it around door gaskets, up above head liner..etc... then pour wtaer ..start low then go up to gutter then roof.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
well progress is so slow i wanna kill myself but i have been getting some stuff done. the tranny access cover was water tested and had a bunch of leaks so i redid that. the tailgate was dissasebled and had mud in it. i replace the tailgate lock cylender with one that isnt ghetto rigged (it has the key). the wires have been reattatched to the floor with alex plus in the screw holes an the connectors greased. the airbag safing sensor is bolted back in. there were leaks behind the rain gutters from the cracks that formed. i sealed them up but the seam sealer i used was black so i had to prime and paint them. one side is pretty much done but the other has too much paint and has to be redone. it rained like hell today so i checked it a little while ago and the b pillar corners ar bone dry (knock on wood). after i seal the shifter cable boot and clean the floor the passenger area carpet should be ready for reinstallation. id tease you with all the parts i got for ol betsy but i dont wanna drag them out.lets just say theres alot and 2 are a part thats a goldmine for bronco modders. :thumbup

Life happens....My truck is still setting. The latest round of spring brackets/shackles, F-150 tank, 35's, trimming, 4.56's and locker STILL isn't entirely finished.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
Tha water is pretty deep in those pics have you checked your breather tubes on your axles I wouldn't want you to get water where its not suposed to be and ruin something important

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tha water is pretty deep in those pics have you checked your breather tubes on your axles I wouldn't want you to get water where its not suposed to be and ruin something important
the diff vents were extended when i first got it, i recently did the tranny and transfer case. the water isnt from fording, its from a leak in the gutters.

yo, those cracks are prob the leak source. try some baby powder to find the entry point- puff it around door gaskets, up above head liner..etc... then pour wtaer ..start low then go up to gutter then roof.
i already sealed up the cracks and its been raining like hell for the last few days. no one drop (knock on wood) the black stuff in the pics is sealant and any water that collects there wont leave till it dries out. my crude test was to run water directly on the cracks with the hose. when i opened the door both channels were filled to the brim with water that wasnt there before.:toothless

main issue now is theres eveidence of water leaking into my tailgate and doors. if you saw the weatherstriping you wouldnt be surprised.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Life happens....My truck is still setting. The latest round of spring brackets/shackles, F-150 tank, 35's, trimming, 4.56's and locker STILL isn't entirely finished.
i want a locker but theyre soooooooo expensive:cry

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
i want a locker but theyre soooooooo expensive:cry
I bought a lunch box style Detroit E/Z Locker for $75. New, installed, but not driven.

1 - 20 of 805 Posts