Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My name is Robert and I am a newcomer to the forum. I have a virgin '93 F-150, 2-door, short-bed, 4x2 that I am starting to build. My hopes are too strip the truck down to the frame and rebuild it from the ground up. Starting with the frame and suspension. I would love some insight and advise from you guys as the build moves along in hopes to avoid some costly mistakes. I just purchased a matching set of 2007 F-250 axles that I hope to get under the truck in the next few weeks. Although this is a ground-up build, I do have a strict budget and will likely have to go with cheaper components that can be upgraded at a later date. I plan to go coilover in the front and already have a couple questions I could use some help on regarding part list and choices.

In the next post is a list of potential parts I think might work for the coilover SAS conversion; (Wouldn't let me attach links to my first post)

Again, I am open for suggestions and guidance! Important note; I would like to keep as many things as I can "bolt-on" as I do not have direct access to fabricating tools where I am working on my truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DuffTuff: HD Tall Front Coil Spring Towers - $180

PMF Suspension: Coilover Conversion Mounts - $200

PMF Suspension: HD Long Arm 4-Link Kit - $1000 (Replaces Radius Arm Mounts)

DuffTuff: SAS Track Bar Bracket - $100

DuffTuff: SAS Adjustable Track Bar - $200

DuffTuff: Solid Axle Swap Helm Joint Steering System - $440 (Will probably have to be custom ordered to link to whatever steering solution I find that will work with my engine swap)

DuffTuff: Axle Wedges, Weld On - $115 (Do I even need these if I use a Radius arm kit for a 2007 F-250)

DuffTuff: Radius Arm C Caps - $165 (Do I even need these if I use a Radius arm kit for a 2007 F-250)

DuffTuff: Long Travel Traction Bar - $370 (Would need to modify for axle size)

Bronco Grave Yard: 4-10 Front Brake Lines Extended - $75

Bronco Grave Yard: 4-10 Rear Brake Line Extended - $40

·
Registered
10 Posts
I came across this last night.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I came across this last night.
Wow, thank you! They make some really cool kits. I just sent them an email!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You're welcome , I figured it would save a lot of guess work. expensive thought. p.s. don't forget to introduce yourself to every one there's a lot of knowledgeable people that can help with your build.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I think getting your SAS kit from one vendor rather than mix and matching would be beneficial. It's going to be expensive any way you look at it, but at least with the RYD kit you're getting it all in one place and it's pretty much a bolt in deal which saves you a lot of guess work and fabrication.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think getting your SAS kit from one vendor rather than mix and matching would be beneficial. It's going to be expensive any way you look at it, but at least with the RYD kit you're getting it all in one place and it's pretty much a bolt in deal which saves you a lot of guess work and fabrication.
I agree! I think that is what I'll end up doing. Just not enthused that their kit doesn't have an option for long travel radius arms. I sent them an email asking if they could modify the kit, waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's another kit from Desolate Motorsports to consider.

Web-site says it's now available. Looks like a beautiful conversion kit, but like the other one from RYD, it's very expensive.
Awesome! Thanks for that info too. I'm not too keen on how their radius arm and brackets are but their kit is beautiful to say the least.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What is you plans for the rear? Just asking since you put the buckets on the list and are going coilovers. With going over your list, you wont need the buckets, the cast c-wedges or caps, the steering, or traction bar kit. WFO makes radius arm kits and lower coilover mounts for 05+ super duty axles that they use on duramaxs. I suggest adapting the factory steering the bronco gear box. What is the plans for upper coilover mount and coilovers? The budget is broken.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is you plans for the rear? Just asking since you put the buckets on the list and are going coilovers. With going over your list, you wont need the buckets, the cast c-wedges or caps, the steering, or traction bar kit. WFO makes radius arm kits and lower coilover mounts for 05+ super duty axles that they use on duramaxs. I suggest adapting the factory steering the bronco gear box. What is the plans for upper coilover mount and coilovers? The budget is broken.
Hey Green Turd. Thanks for the info! I want to change the buckets because mine are rusted out and need replacement anyway. The stock ones also aren't as far out as the aftermarket SAS swap mounts to better align with the HP Dana60. All I was going to do is get a bucket adapter to coilover so the coilovers will mount to the aftermarket bucket.

In regards to the c-wedges. So your saying I can use the radius arm mounts that are already on the axles?

As far as steering box. I was thinking of going with an aftermarket upgraded steering box from red-head or something. Wouldn't that be better?

I was thinking about going with King or Fox coilovers but before I even get that far, I need to figure out what length to get. Right now I have a rough country 6in on the stock setup and I don't want the truck to be any higher than that after the swap... Any suggestions on coilover length?

As far as the rear, I really haven't decided yet. I want the softest ride I can get that can still tow my 5,000ib boat (loaded and trailered weight). Any input on that would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was thinking about using the RYD Motorsports Kit and then upgrading to the Long Arm Radius Arms. I think that would just about take care of the front end suspension at least for now while I work on everything else and then at the end, swap to coilovers. What do you think? If there is a cheaper way that is just as good or better, I'm all ears. I like that the kit is practically bolt-on and already has the steering and track bar brackets for proper geometry.

I definitely want long arm radius arms, even if I don't have a true 4-link.

·
Registered
10 Posts

1 - 20 of 37 Posts