Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waffling about what wheel size I want for my '96 EB. I currently have 15x10's and while I'm okay with the fitments with the 33x12.50's, what I can't stand is how far they stick out from the truck, especially up front. If a 10" wheel with 6" backspacing were able to fit that'd be ideal, but is obviously impossible. So I'm seriously considering downsizing to 15x8's.

What I'd like to see are pics of 33x12.50's on 15x8's as well are hear the good and bad aspects of running this size combo from those who do or did.

Thanks,
Tommy

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Is your truck for looks for offroading? If offroading then get the 15x8 rims to hold the tire on better at low pressure. I have an 89 Bronco with 33x12.5x15 on stock rims and it looks great to me.

The only drawback is that you have to run lower pressure on the street. At 35psi the center tends to bow out and will wear out prematurely.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Gub_Ni said:
Is your truck for looks for offroading? If offroading then get the 15x8 rims to hold the tire on better at low pressure. I have an 89 Bronco with 33x12.5x15 on stock rims and it looks great to me.

The only drawback is that you have to run lower pressure on the street. At 35psi the center tends to bow out and will wear out prematurely.
i heard that a 12.5" tire wouldnt work on stock rims. mine are 7.5" factory. i was told that a 11.5" was the widest you would want to go on factory rims.

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys. Gub_Ni, it's for both looks and offroad. It's the nicer of my two vehicles, but no longer my daily driver. And while I plan to maintain it's good looks, I don't want to sacrifice off roading capabilities....within reason. Let's face it. I won't be tackling the Rubicon in it anytime soon, but I do plan to wheel it as hard as I can without destroying body panels. ;)

Tommy

·
Registered
125 Posts
The rule goes, and I have always believe that if you go taller, you should go wider to offset the higher center of gravity... The wider wheel helps spread that tire out and take a little flex out of the sidewall by spreading it out a bit.

I had 8" wide wheels on mine with 32x11.50s, but I thought they were tucked in a little too bit for my taste. Of course if you wanted to trade someone for 8" wheels, you would get plenty of offers I am sure.

What's that old saying, if it ain't broke don't fix it?! :D

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
heres my pics. 33x12.5s on Crager soft 8's 15x8

I love the look, and it works fine offroad. I wish i had a 4in lift so the tires would clear at full compression of the suspension. It tends to rub a bit at full compression, and on full lock left turns.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
BFG ATs 33x12.5 on stock EB rims, 15x8.

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BroncoDoug said:
So can anyone help with a pic of 35's on a 4 inch lift?
Call me kooky, but they're probably being thrown off by the thread title since it's requesting guys with 33" tires to chime in. I'd suggest you search to see if someone else has made a similar request and if not, start your own thread on that topic.

Tommy

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
BroncoDoug said:
So can anyone help with a pic of 35's on a 4 inch lift?
Go to Shadowfax's Superford site. He has some good ones of the truck before the SAS

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.