Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really a reciept checker as long as the total sounds close I won't double check the reciept. I went to Pick-Your-Part the other day(I go every chance I get!!)and bought a fan for my 95. For the heck of it I looked at the reciept:

Fan- 8.99

Admission Tax-0.20

Core- 1.00 A core for a Fan? They probably figure most don't bring it back if they do its scrap metal for them.

Environmental Surcharge- 1.32 What the hell is that and whose pocket is it going into?

Sales Tax- 1.19. That one I can live with.

Damn can't even buy an old rusty fan without getting Fee'd and Taxed!! I'm not a tightwad complainer but imagine the tens of thousands of people that go through that palce...must really ad up.

Oh Yeah, 2.00 to get in!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds about right. Admittedly, I score odd's and ends that will fit in my pocket to balance the taxation out.

I went this morning to the ecology in wilmington, paid something terrible like 11 bucks for a a/c vent, to realize there was year to year changes in the 92-96 era.....

Win some/Loose some.... I've lived and yanked parts in quite a few other states, typical cali taxation at it's best. I miss when it was free to enter the yards.

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I guess the Environ surcharge is a Kalifornia hippie tax? At least thier having 50% this weekend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts