Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm pretty excited I just picked up my new bronco yesterday, it's a maroon 78 custom. It's a 351 auto, and runs and drives pretty good for being 30 years old. I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet but I love this truck. I'll probably end up fixing a few little rust issues, cleaning it up , and throwing on a nice 6 inch lift with some big 37's or 38's. I guess I've got some reading to do in the 78-79 forum, I'm kinda new to these trucks but like it just as much as my 96. I paid $500 which I thought wasn't that bad considering it's a running and driving truck. Let me know what you guys think, I need some ideas for this beast:beer

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Nice find. :thumbup Why is it on a trailer? I'd personally put the original circular headlights back in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice find. :thumbup Why is it on a trailer? I'd personally put the original circular headlights back in.
I'm sure It would have made the 50 mile trip home but I wasn't taking any chances, Is it possible that it originally came with the square headlights if it was built in late 1978?, it doesn't look like the trucks been played with

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Only the Rangers got the squares in '78. Being 30 years old, anything could have been done to it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heres the last few that I have for today, I'll get some better ones tommorow

You can never have to many broncos the grey ones my brothers truck he picked it up the same day:thumbup

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
i agree with above, switch back to round. i'm doing that to mine. great find, you'll be hooked, if you thought the other bronco was great, wait til you drive the '78. i'm hooked, when i move back to michigan i'll be looking for another one to keep stock height/DD more

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I need some ideas for this beast:beer

sell it to me for $500.00:thumbup great buy!!!!!!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Great find! Also looks like it has a slight rake to it, which is how all trucks should be. As for the headlights - you can put the round ones in as long as you don't change the grille :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts