Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well had the bronco a short time, probably bought it 3x over with all the $ I put into it, but now I'm picking up a 350.

Its got a solid D60 Front rear, leaf sprung, but how can I tell if its not just a rebadged F250 with a SAS? I don't have pics but is there anything I can look for specifically? I know the D60/D70 rears look the same so can't go by the rear. Anything else? I mean if its got a 460 thats easy to tell, but didn't F350's also come with 5.8's? I know its non OD so its def c6 trans. Its a 1995 btw...

Any help is greatly appreciated. And I'd be willing to buy the person who helps out firsts, next case of beer. I'll spend the $5 to western union you $20 for your next case :beer

·
Registered
710 Posts
there are internet VIN decoders out there... I use them for my classic cars all the time, I'm sure they will have them for newer stuff as well.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are internet VIN decoders out there... I use them for my classic cars all the time, I'm sure they will have them for newer stuff as well.
by the time I'm out there I won't be able to get on the internet to use a vin decoder. I'm driving an hour and a half too, so coming back home to check it out isn't an option either. Its deal or no deal on the spot.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=11

Under the 87-96 VIN part of the page, take a look at the 4th group (characters 5-7) of numbers (series code)...it should read F36 if it's a true 350 4x4.
So what kind of beer do u like?

If you look at the VIN, if the fourth digit is "H" it's a rebadged 250. If it's "K" or higher in the alphabet, it's a factory 350.
and by the page up there ^^^^ it says J or higher. But I'll look for k also.

Thanks fellas. much appreciated.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep it or donate it to the site...that's what we're here for

Actually...'h' on that page says 250hd or 350...so h and j.
Well thank you again.

And I guess its getting donated to the site. Been meaning to donate anyway.

Thank you both for the help. believe me it is much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts