Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i knewi was forgetting something. we are going to try 2 drive it home. it ran before it was parked for 6 years. what should we do other then resurface the points, change oil, and empty the old gas?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Sweet Ole' Dodge.

My friend has something like 4 M37's (2 to restore, 2 to scavange parts from)

His are, IIRC, mid 40's 3/4 ton trucks...

other than engine: How about Brakes? Trans? Clutch? Brakes? Tires? Lights? Brakes? Did I mention Brakes?

If if goes, make sure it STOPS.

How far is the drive? Will you be ahead if you just tow it or trailer it and be free of break-down worries?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its like a 3 mile drive tops. 1 of the tires needs air and as far as i can tell the rest are good. when it was parked it drove fine. i trust the guy im buying it from, hes a good friends fiance. it was his dads and he started to restore it then had a stroke and passed. there are alot of new parts and i cant stress alot enough. they should all fit in the trailer hes includign with it and the trailer we have. he said i can work on it for a while in his yard/garage to see if we can get it running again. didnt try 2night since the radiator is out, his dads way of stopping from getting stolen. i was more interested in seeing what axles were under because the last time my dad took on a project this big he stopped very early and ended up junking it. theres a d70 out front and i cant remember the rear right now. the body is in really really really good condition. no cancer, just light surface rust.

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts
if i remember correctly, stacy david got one of those he picked up before leaving truck tv and has it in the shop on gearz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts