Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great site! looks lke ill be here often.
Tonight i pickup my new 95 bronco xlt ,I cant wait!! any advice as to the first thing i should do (maintenance ) to keep it runnin good?

B

·
0 Posts
Very exciting! Good luck with it! Much help here but remember to search first. Do like he said and get a Haynes manual for it.:stupid

·
Super Moderator
26,086 Posts
Yo Tileit1,
Congrats and good luck!
As Big Mike wrote; ck the fluids first, & look for:
besides the usual visual, driveability and leak checks, look for:
- oil pan rust - our 96 formed rust spots @ 60k miles
- radiator plastic side seam leaks esp. during engine cool-down period/overnight - 96 leaked @ 40k miles or so
- auto tranny and transfer case operation - electric push button motor/connector is a prob. area - shift motor connector/mtor gets whacked
- auto hub operation (get it in sand or mud and try the 4x4 system) - switch to manuals asap as Miketn wrote
- rust in inner rear fender lips and bottom of tailgate (our fender lips was rusting due to beach sand wearing the paint)
- radius arm bushing deterioration esp passenger side
- cracked exhaust manifold/y etc.
- roof/gutter area cracks (mostly earlier years)
- rotor warping/under specs (prob get only one turndown on oem rotors)
Do you have service records? or where prev owner(s) had it serviced? if so, ask dealership for an OASIS report. Maybe someone here in FSB has access to OASIS.
Have an Owner's Guide? If not, p[ost here & I'll give you the Ford url for a free on-line Guide (+ service schedules, etc. ) in pdf format.
https://myford.fordvehicles.com

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive already found the new warn hubs.there cheap,he also said since i have auto hubs now i need a installation kit to go with it.I didnt see a manual for the truck last night so i dont think there is one.We ran a carfax on the 95 and found it had one owner and was purchased in maine. It was traded in march to a dealer and ended up at an auction in the eastern region,then it ended up on a lot in maryland and was maryland inspected in september.I was excited to find a bronco with 95k on the odometer.
:toothless .Thanks for your help. like the new gov says ,,ill be back

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
assateague maryland

well I live on 11 acres and there are trails everywhere. Agreat place to go on the coast is assateague national seashore park you can get a annual sticker to go on the beach.just dont get stuck in the incoming tide!! salt water aint to good for u joints,brakes or tranfer cases!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Tileit1 said:
Ive already found the new warn hubs.there cheap,he also said since i have auto hubs now i need a installation kit to go with it.
Only if your hubs have 3 screws instead of 5 on the outside then you need the other kit if 5 you are good to go:beer

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,715 Posts
Congrats and welcome to Our Home. Dont forget to VOTE for the site and coming up the FOTM........

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
463 Posts
where in maryland do you live tileit? im up at assateque almost every day when i go to OC. its one of the few places you can go more than a mile from pavement in maryland... legally...;)

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Tileit1 said:
Great site! looks lke ill be here often.
Tonight i pickup my new 95 bronco xlt ,I cant wait!! any advice as to the first thing i should do (maintenance ) to keep it runnin good?
a 95, eh? ALWAYS an excellent choice! A vintage year, to be sure!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
clunking

well drove the truck 60 miles last night and 20 to work this morning,seems to run great and it shifts solid but you can hear and feel some clunking when it downshifts or hits passing gear (its an auto trans) im hopin its universal joints. any ideas,im tryin to get it in a shop to get it looked at now Bill C

ps im in westminster maryland now formally oc then annapolis

·
Registered
676 Posts
The first thing you need to do is sit your significant other down and explain your bronco habit to them. Then just have alot of fun building up your rig. :D :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
checked out driveshaft

Ok I crawled up under there to see if the driveshaft had play .i put the transmission in drive and the driveshaft seems pretty tight when i tried turning it. also tried moving in and out and tight here too. I must say im a little upset because of the amount of rust up under her.all the brake line fitting and rear wheel backplate looks bad .It looks like some new fuel lines to the tank and a new fuel filter too,(no rust) ordered warn premium hubs today will install this weekend. Got an appt to have all vital fluids & filters changed and a once over.
are these concerns common,I mean i love this truck already!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts