Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started the new year off right...by wheelin' of course.

The group met at around 10am. Many of us still feeling the night before :drinkbud

The group
1 - Bronco (Me)
1 - F250 Super Duty (Doug)
1 - 1/2 ton Chebbie
1 - Ram 1500 (Bruce)
2 - Ram 2500 (Bud & Nathan)

Doug (his truck is so long it spanned the distance between 2 obsticles)

Bud (that's actually the line over the obsticle for a long wheel base)

Me (a little bumper/rock interlude)

Me (butt pucker factor 7.5)

Doug, our normal shutter bug actually drove his rig today. It's good for him but that means we didn't get as many pic's or movies as normal. There are a few more here.
http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/showmedia.php?id=100465

Dustin you miss out again but the start on the cage looks good.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
how much carnage? what parts on what trucks?

wes

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WES said:
how much carnage? what parts on what trucks?

wes
No major carnage but we had a few scrapes and bashes (mostly on Doug's long a$$ rig). Bud, Doug and my rig have a good amout of body armor and it recieved most of the impacts.

We managed to bend Dougs sliders so much that he couldn't open the pass. door. We tweeked it back down using Bud's winch. The cable was hooked to the slider and I drove up it until they bent back strait enough to alow the doors to open.

One little fun thing that happened was I some how managed to push a tire off it's bead but then rolled off the obsticle and it push back on...talk about lucky.

The rest of the group took the bypass and went around all the carnage so there's not much to tell about them.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,814 Posts
:rockon Thanks for the fix DOGONMUT!

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I wanna move to AZ...Get some scrapes and scratches and build my truck to run the damn rocks. Bah!

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
whos in the red chebby? kinda looks cool

yeah Im slacking, looks like a bad ass trail. how long was it? worth my time driving 12 hours for?...I was just too stoked on starting my cage to go wheel. I also noticed my first trans F'up last night on they way back from dougs. I took off from the light and it wouldnt shift, just sat there and sliped :banghead. only did it once tho. I also have a nice little oil pukage starting which I fear is the rear main :banghead

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Drilim said:
I wanna move to AZ...Get some scrapes and scratches and build my truck to run the damn rocks. Bah!
you know you wanna :drinkbud

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,921 Posts
Drilim said:

[voices] move to az move to az move to az[/voices] okits simple listen to the voices they are never wrong :brownbag

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drilim said:
Load up your Bronco and head on down. There's lots of rock rash to go around. Plus AZ doesn't have quite the amount of skeeters or gator's to worry about while wheelin'...

...it's just the rattle snakes, scorpions, jumping cholla and rock pirana that you have to worry about...oh and Dustin's spotting :goodfinge but it's usually not a problem since he never goes wheelin' with us any more :goodfinge

Dustin said:
whos in the red chebby? kinda looks cool

yeah Im slacking, looks like a bad ass trail. how long was it? worth my time driving 12 hours for?...I was just too stoked on starting my cage to go wheel. I also noticed my first trans F'up last night on they way back from dougs. I took off from the light and it wouldnt shift, just sat there and sliped :banghead. only did it once tho. I also have a nice little oil pukage starting which I fear is the rear main :banghead
I can't remember the guy in the red Chebbie's name but it was pretty nice...execpt for the carb...he had a nice set of springs, shackle flip in the rear, a locked 14 bolt rear end, 12 bolt front with an 8 lug conversion and 37" MT/r's...he could have made the carnage portion of the trail but he was deathly afraid of body damage.

The run was cool. It would have been worth the drive but I can understand how stock tube laying on the ground of the garage can make you block every thing else out.

Sorry to hear about the motor and tranny problems. When you're ready for a rebuild let me know. I'll be glad to help.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
once again, more reasons for me to move. are there any really good business colleges near where you guys live? awww **** it, i'd get raped in the butt for out of state tuiton. but i think i see a roadtrip this summer......

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
2 times I dont go and all of a sudden I never go wheeling anymore :goodfinger

andy there is ASU, U of A and NAU here in AZ, oh and dont come too late in the summer or it will be 120* out, nows the time to come when its 70 outside :chili:

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
hey andy,
i dont know about how cali and arizona are, but here in texas, anyone from neighboring states can come to texas state schools at the in-state tuition rate. its kinda nice cause we get a little variety in our students, such as my roommate who is from farmington NM. i would check on that, i know your parents would probably hate you for moving out of state but ASU is a really good school from what i hear

wes

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Andy351 said:
i'd get raped in the butt for out of state tuiton. ......

that's what happened to Scott .. and he stayed :goodfinge

it contributes to him consistantly getting that Atomic Wedgie he is so proud of :toothless

that wrap on the red truck for the spare tire is interesting ... I wonder how something like that will work on my Bronco :thumbup

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
there are a few mucho expensive rigs to be wheeling. :thumbup

Looks like that dodge works pretty well in the front, store bought lift? or did he reowrk it for better travel.

Scott, i would really like some close up shots of your sliders if you dont mind.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Love seeing those off roading pics. Keep them coming.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
stangmata50l said:
Great pics,....looks like a blast.

Pissis me off that its January and I see you guys down there in shorts and shirts. I'm going out on my dirtbike later on a ride and im still trying to find out how many layers of clothing i can wear :shocked
yup thats the beauty of arizona. I was running around with the top off the bronco today and it was awsome, not even cold

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Damn get a little busy at work and see what I missed. Looks like ya'll had fun. I made that run in a cj5 a few years ago and parts of it aint nothin' nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts