Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to do a 3" body lift and a 6" suspension lift I have 35's but I wanted to get an idea of what it would look like and how much clearance it would have.
Please post pics of this setup if you have them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
A six inch lift looks perfect with 35's, if you don't really need that extra 3" clearance then why do a body lift over the suspension lift, ya know? Just a lil' opinion:thumbup

·
Banned
906 Posts
Plus I hear of body lifts sliding some too if you have a big impact with stuff.

Suspension all the way!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah it does not slide, it just falls right off!!!:histerica:histerica:histerica

This is an example of an improperly installed body lift, but it does illustrate some of the issues related to these types of lifts.
Notice in the pic that the body bolts are still connected, and simply pulled through the frame.
What happened, and why did this occur? Well it appears that the washer used to spread the load of the bolt head was too small. Added leverage of the body above the frame combined with some installation problems and some other factors we shall not mention, contributed to this jeep falling apart.

Be sure you are aware of any repercussions that may follow after the installation of any aftermarket component.

I also agree though that the body lift may not be necessary with 35 inch tires.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please lets not have this turn into another Body/suspension lift debate.
I am going to do both for a 9" total lift.
Jersa---Thanks for the feedback.
Big Ugly---Good pics, thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it does not slide, it just falls right off!!!:histerica:histerica:histerica

This is an example of an improperly installed body lift, but it does illustrate some of the issues related to these types of lifts.
Notice in the pic that the body bolts are still connected, and simply pulled through the frame.
What happened, and why did this occur? Well it appears that the washer used to spread the load of the bolt head was too small. Added leverage of the body above the frame combined with some installation problems and some other factors we shall not mention, contributed to this jeep falling apart.

Be sure you are aware of any repercussions that may follow after the installation of any aftermarket component.

I also agree though that the body lift may not be necessary with 35 inch tires.
That's also what happens when you buy a Jeep! lol

·
Registered
9,895 Posts

Umm you forgot to mention.. That was because the tow strap was tied to the jeeps cage and not the frame.. :goodfinge

Ah man.. I can't wait for the canyon to open again..

·
Banned
906 Posts
Umm you forgot to mention.. That was because the tow strap was tied to the jeeps cage and not the frame.. :goodfinge

Ah man.. I can't wait for the canyon to open again..
Azusa?

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
I can take a pic of a 79 f150 with 9"suspension and 3" body if you want me to the tires on it are small so it will fit under the carport while I am restoring it.

·
Redneck Romeo
1,811 Posts
Big Ugly---Good pics, thanks.
Sorry that link wasn't more helpful. I just went and looked at it and it's only 4 pages long (and none of the pics show a Bronco with 6" suspension/3" body). That thread used to be much, much longer with pics going all the way back to the beginning of FSB.

I dunno what happened to the old Pics thread...

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
Sorry that link wasn't more helpful. I just went and looked at it and it's only 4 pages long (and none of the pics show a Bronco with 6" suspension/3" body). That thread used to be much, much longer with pics going all the way back to the beginning of FSB.

On the bright side I learned something else today. Now I have a supermotors acct.( cause I was trying to figure out how to post pics of my ride) and posted 2 pics there today will add more when I can take more.

I read some where today I think it was at the begining of that thread that the old thread got deleted some how.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
I have pics on my work computer of a bunch of bronco's with 9" of lift. I'll see what i can sift through then. But honestly, 35's will be fine for 9" of lift, but your going to want to go with something bigger. The 35's are going to look small. 37's will look nice.

Oh and also, you'll be fine with a body lift. Don't let these guys try to scare you out of it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks fellas. I may get some bigger meats on there later. But I already got 35x12.5x15 BFG A/T's barely used and already mounted on alloy rims for $400. So when they wear out I'll look in to some thing bigger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i used to have 35's on my f150 with 9 inches of lift and i thought it looked real good, its stuffin 38's now though, i got a few pics if you'd like to see how it looked

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,078 Posts

Fullsize said "the thread was hard deleted and our backups don't go back far enough that we have another meaningful copy of the thread to restore". It's hard to believe all of that was completely lost. Even if we couldn't restore the recent stuff, at least if most of the old pages could be recovered from an old backup it'd be worth it. More on it here: Where is the "post a picture of your bronco" thread?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts