Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this truck up earlier in the year for $300. Its a 77 f-150 4x4 with 351/400 (not sure, owner said 400, valve cover says 351). Runs and drives. Clutch is really bad as is carrier bearing. Its got 205 case and the granny tranny. Is that np435 or t-18? Im going to wheel this instead of the bronco

heres some pics:

Notice the bed full of goodies too :)
its going to get my 460 and some 37's

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
looks good for $300! i see the cancer that's beggin for surgery!

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i say you shorten the wheelbase, build a flatbed, narrow whats left of the body, rebuild the engine and tranny, new clutch, twin stick the 205, put a 60 up front and a 10.25 out back, lift it just enough to fit 42s, but keep it as low as possible for COG. sounds like a plan to me!!

wes

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
i take it you would make it look completely different, wes?

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
ya, but i decided that he needs to just remove that body and get a ranger body, somethin about cab trucks are just so awesome to me!! i love the way they look!!!

wes

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey wes, tell me how to twin stick a 205.

no one else answer it but him.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
in a basic way you modify the shift rail to enable the transfer case to shift into 2 low, if you want a more detailed description let me know

wes

·
Registered
156 Posts
You got a great deal on a good beater. You'll need the saved money for gas, but I think you'll have a blast.:)

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ogeechee 4x4 - $400?!?? wheres all the rust??

wes 03 - Do tell more

Davids78bronco - I will check tomorrow

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
ive only really done it once, i didnt even do much, just watched it being done. there is a really good writeup on it in a special mag 4 wheel and off road put out, ill get you the name of it later, it jsut came out this month, look for it on your local bookstand, i got it at wal mart here

wes

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Twin Stick also allows you to put the truck in front wheel drive. This is more handy than you would think. For example, put on the e-brake, put it in FWD, and you can turn on a dime, especially if you have a dana 60 or something up front that can take the abuse. There was an article in Petersen's 4 Wheel & Off Road a while ago. It showed you how to modify the the case to accept twin sticks, and used a Currie Dana 300 twin stick setup that had to be modified to bolt up to the 205. Now there are some people that sell twin sticks for 205's, but still require some internal modification.

http://jkwoffroad.com/offroadproducts.php

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
fordman7795 said:
Ogeechee 4x4 - $400?!?? wheres all the rust??
no rust...NONE!!! :goodfinge

it was a parts truck when i bought it. I've had to replace the radiator, fan, (still havn't bothered to track down a shroud), x-fer case, rear driveshaft and every third bolt :banghead

it's got around 210K miles, but it runs smooth and gets better gas milege than my bronk :duh

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
wes 03 said:
i say you shorten the wheelbase, build a flatbed, narrow whats left of the body, rebuild the engine and tranny, new clutch, twin stick the 205, put a 60 up front and a 10.25 out back, lift it just enough to fit 42s, but keep it as low as possible for COG. sounds like a plan to me!!

wes
:lolup :thumbup :thumbup I say follow NAMELESS and build you a TRUGGY!!!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts