·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,497 Posts
YUMMY! "Dinner for one please!"

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Man!! That thing still had milk on its lips!!

:brownbag
Bill

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Where'd ya'll go hunting at? My dad has been hunting so many times this season and NOTHING! He says all the deer left the county.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Thats good eatin'...I hate I missed that trip. We'll have to hook up and deer hunt next year. I may have some spring/summer hog hunting lined up...I'll keep ya'll posted. :thumbup

·
huh
7,195 Posts
what if the deer was just faking and he got up and started shooting.. that would be funny..

YOU KILLED BAMBI

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Actually it was kinda funny, the rack was small but it dressed out at 105 I believe. Where I hunt in VA that's alot for a small four point. Babe as for your question, I think the rut came in REAL late. That's the only thing I can figure. I hunted for a total of 11 days between October and November, couldn't call in anything. We go on that Hog/Deer Hunt second week in December, Hogs weren't moving, but people were poppin GOOD bucks left and right. It was just strange. Anyways, for those size shooters, you can't eat antlers, I would have shot it, or smaller had I had the oportunity. That was my last hunt of the season, gotta stock the fridge somehow.

Blaze, if you can find us some spring Hog hunting I'm all for it, just don't know of any places to go. But definately we will hook up next year.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
YOU SHOT MY DOG!!!....j/k :beer

I'm just jealous the only buck I saw was a six pointer in my back yard. I don't think my neighbors would have liked to be woke up at 6AM on Sunday morning by a .44 going off in the yard.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i need to head out east and go with you guys, texas has been horrible this year for deer, except in the cities! i dont know what the deal was, maybe it was just my luck gettin its hand in the deal! looks like some good eatin, i probably wouldve taken it too

wes

·
Registered
123 Posts
over here in oregon there is a parasite going around. it irritates their skin. when the deer get it they scratch themselves so much their hair falls out then they freeze to death. So i didnt get my buck this year. just a 6x7 bull. i guess thats ok though. just thought id let you know why you arent seeing much in the northwest.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
The rut came in reallllll late in both KY and VA, too...

If he dressed at 105, that's not too bad, at all. I checked some deer at the store I work in [in VA] less than that - I don't have the heart to shoot one as small as some of these guys do. When we check them in at 60....65 pounds, I just look at the guys and shake my head. Oh well....puts meat on the table!!

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
519 Posts
Im gonna start hunting next year, probably bow, but I'd like to take the AR out and give it a go too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts