Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First bike I have owned that didn't say Harley Davidson on it:brownbag
Its OK though, becuase now that I have put some miles on this I really like it. I like it a lot. In fact H-D is going to have to make a few changes to get my business again.
Its a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard. I have already added the detcahable windshield (which is the cats ass), saddlebags, the tank cover with pocket, windshield bag, Lindby crashbar, a Scorpio alarm system with pager, and I already removed the passenger seat and foot pegs:thumbup

Gonna make some quick release mounts for the saddlebags, and I'm going to build a bracket to mount the windshield bag on the bars instead of on the windshield. That way when I remove it I can still have a place to stick my glasses, gloves and stuff.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
i like it.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
davids78bronco said:
Isn't that what the saddlebags are for?
Those are going on a quick release mount so I can take them off. I really don't like them unless I just have to have them on there to haul crap.

·
Traveling FSB'er
1,099 Posts
Nice looking ride!!!! :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
nice bike

·
Registered
245 Posts
nice bike, What size? I wish I still had my Honda 750, Looked about like that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
its an 805cc.... def a nice bike, i have a 2004 volusia, myself, which is the same thing, except without FI. Check out Volusiariders.com for all your Volusia/C50 needs! hehe

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nice bike. The metrics have come a long way. I know my next ride is gonna be a cruiser and it won't be an H-D either.

James

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
PhL0aTeR said:
its an 805cc.... def a nice bike, i have a 2004 volusia, myself, which is the same thing, except without FI. Check out Volusiariders.com for all your Volusia/C50 needs! hehe

2004 Suzuki Volusia Limited Edition.

Whatever happend to the Volusia Owner's League site, there was a crapton of information there, and now the site don't work.

Mike you take the back half of your seat off? The bitchseat? You get your chaps yet?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,648 Posts
Not a bad lookin' sled MikE... don't know why your all defensive about H-D though. :goodfinge

I love having the option of the detachable windshield. If your takin' long haul, ya might take a look at a corbin single or gunfighter style... so you can enjoy the backrest. They go great with those lindy/engine guards and the corbin gelpack is hard to beat. That style might even make those bags look a little more at home.
I'm thinking of getting a skinny LePera seat for around town riding. I still want a P-Pad for the occasional passenger, but my current seat is far to inviting. Don't want any 1 gal gettin' too comfortable back there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
very nice looking bike! I hope you enjoy cleaning spoked rims. I love the way spokes look, just too much damn work for me though.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tommy R said:
Nice looking bike. Just please don't put tassels on it!! ;)

Tommy
Don't worry, I'm not that gay

Thurston said:
nice bike, What size? I wish I still had my Honda 750, Looked about like that.
Its a claimed 50 cubes, and 805 CC's. I think its more like 46 cubes or something like that though. Its got a lot of power for an engine of that size. The first time I took it up the hill I was impressed. It almost feels like it has more power than my friends 1100 Sabre, but I really don't know. There is no noticable difference, if any.

4xPepe` said:
Not a bad lookin' sled MikE... don't know why your all defensive about H-D though. :goodfinge

I love having the option of the detachable windshield. If your takin' long haul, ya might take a look at a corbin single or gunfighter style... so you can enjoy the backrest. They go great with those lindy/engine guards and the corbin gelpack is hard to beat. That style might even make those bags look a little more at home.
I'm thinking of getting a skinny LePera seat for around town riding. I still want a P-Pad for the occasional passenger, but my current seat is far to inviting. Don't want any 1 gal gettin' too comfortable back there.
The stock seat is actually pretty comfy. I think I'm going to leave it on there for right now, and maybe later get something else if after on some 6 hour rides my ass hurts.
If Harley goes over to water cooling in 2007 (as they claim) I might order one. If they would have a water cooled Screamin' Eagle Electra glide I would probably buy one for the long rides, then keep this one to beat up on around town.
teufelhunden said:
very nice looking bike! I hope you enjoy cleaning spoked rims. I love the way spokes look, just too much damn work for me though.
I'm not crazy about them. As soon as they get dirty I will probably get a set of billet wheels anyways.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts