Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
forgive me I'm alittle computer illiterate. so lets see if this works.

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=broncogoodshow1ju.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=broncogood30ca.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=broncogood20gr.jpg

running and driving 351 4 speed truck I paid 700 bucks for it.
Right now i'm gonna grind the surface rust down, and spray it either flat black or camoflauge, gator guard the inside of the entire cab, those running boards and fender lips are leaving asap as well. and I'll either shine up those slots or find another set of rims for it. the tailgate is rusted out on the bottom corners, so i either have to build some patch panels and weld them in or else just find a new tailgate. then im gonna toss a rollcage in it.

whadda think? decent deal?

·
Registered
434 Posts
did they move the antenna or was it like that straight from the factory? My '78 is on the passenger side....just thought it looked out of place..i really like it...would love to have that 4speed and put behind my 460
nice looking project there
justin

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
Damn it i want them Rims they would look so sweet if they were 15x10"

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
damn tried to take the links out and post the pics...but they are huge...so links they stay.

good looking truck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice truck. Looks like you got a great deal on it too. I like your plan to get rid of the rust ASAP. Wish mine looked that good when I got it six years ago. Any plans on upgrading the motor (400 or 460)?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indybronco said:
Nice truck. Looks like you got a great deal on it too. I like your plan to get rid of the rust ASAP. Wish mine looked that good when I got it six years ago. Any plans on upgrading the motor (400 or 460)?
probably not right now. what sucks is I was offered a rebuilt 460 fresh for 500 but i turned it down when i got it offered 6 months ago because i didnt have a car to put it in. im kickin myself.

i'm probably gonna rebuild a different 351 and hop it up alittle bit and make it more torquey.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boogered 78 said:
I would put a 460 in it there is no replacment for displacment!

oh yes there is. its all in how you build it my friend. haha

anybody here good at photoshop? and bored? if you are you could try to put that pic of my bronco into flat black with camo flames.......

·
Registered
235 Posts
not flat black please
anything but flat black

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love the slots man.....want a set of those myself. Good looking bronc for the $. Build the 351/400 dont worry about swapping a 460 in. Plenty of power to be found in the motor you have.

·
Registered
455 Posts
There's a lot of potential in that Bronco. Wish I could find deals like that.

I'd keep those slots. They're similiar to the optional wheels offered in 78/79, but those look wider, maybe 8"? People are paying big bucks for slots these days. They should shine up real nice.
:thumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts