Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Bronco on Ebay last night. I hate to see it go, but it had to be done in the interest of fair trade. I just really need a pickup more than a FSB right now. Sometime in the next couple years, I'm going to get another Bronco, but it will have to be a newer Eddie Bauer with low mileage for the 2nd go-round in the Bronco world. In the meantime, I bought this to hold me over....

The only view the local tuner-fags will ever see......

Side view showing all the badging....

Yeah, I gave $5995 for it....

I don't know how it got chrome mirrors, they weren't offered on this model....other than that, it has every possible option available....

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
4x4? official tuck of what
nice clean truck how many miles and what engine sorry for all the questions just querious

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
i got that far looks like inndianappolis (sorry for my spelling)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indy Pace Truck Edition....4 x 2 .....5.9L (360 cubic inches), blower, nitrous wet setup.....
Apparently, Dodge decided that the 1996 Viper was special enough at $70K, they didn't need to make a special Pace Car edition of it, so they used the Ram truck for a Special Edition, since the Ram was the Official Track Worker Truck of the Indy 500. The option package included a special intake giving the 5.9L in the Indy Pace Truck Editions 25 more HP than regular 5.9s. There were limited #s, but after 1996, they continued the option package with the HO 5.9L, and changed the designator to SS/T for the models.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
oh ok i got it now whats red line on that i hit 164 on a dakota sport with a 5.2 and 5 people in it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bamataco1 said:
Nice truck, how many miles on it?
94,xxx miles.....
Not sure what the redline is on it. The dyno numbers are impressive. NA HP numbers were in the 400-range...torque was in the high 400 area....the previous owner never dyno'd it with the nitrous, so no numbers to report there...

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
All you need's a new bug guard and you'll be set!

Very nice truck broseph.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Post up videos the next time a lightning smokes you

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
i am true to ford but that might burn or at least put up a fight up against a lightning
just please take off the nos it is a cheap win my lawn mower is faster than a bronco with nos

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
question(pardond the stupidity of it) but what is the HP & TQ on a lightning, my neighbor just got one and that sob will put you in your seat

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
360hp and 440ft-lbs torque.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
topfisherman said:
360hp and 440ft-lbs torque.
.....those are 2nd Generation Lightning figures, just to be clear....on stock boost, with no mods.
I have no doubt or argument that the Lightning is likely faster. But even a '99 Lightning still sells for $15K+, in decent shape. My new truck, a '96, was less than $6k, with the extras, and will run respectably against a Lightning. Other than the cash outlay, the biggest difference between my truck and a Lightning: I can adjust the boost level. Lightnings are limited by their stock internals. There is no question the Lightning is most likely the faster, more refined pickup. I actually shopped for Lightnings, but when it came down to it, I didn't want to have any payments hanging over my head, so I picked the one that would give me nearly identical performance, comfort, trailer-pulling capability for my enclosed trailer, and that I could pay for, in full, in cash. And still wound up with money left over to do some other mods, and buy a couple beers to drink while installing them. :D

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Ignore the hater, some people have nothing better to do. Nice truck, hopefully you'll be able to pick up another Bronco before too awful long :thumbup (and my $$ is on the Lightning :toothless )

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Id ask for or got a compression test and dyno on it first.....If I had that truck Id a whipped it the whole time......Nice truck I like it....Indianapolis Pace truck...I might have done it myself......

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MikeW said:
You traded your 4x4 for a 4x2?:twak
LOL...yeah, I had 3 4x4's, and got rid of one, so now I'm down to 2 4x4's and a 4x2....we don't use 4x4 that much around here anyway, except to play, and I get tired of cleaning all the damn mud afterwards...I'd rather just go fast and stay clean....:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
F1rocco said:
Id ask for or got a compression test and dyno on it first.....If I had that truck Id a whipped it the whole time......Nice truck I like it....Indianapolis Pace truck...I might have done it myself......
Already scheduled for dyno time. Monday it will see its first dyno in my possession. I have 30 days to change my mind, so if it grenades Monday, I'm not ut anything except some drive time to get it/return it.
Thanks for the compliment. If I had bought it new, I wouldn't have put the decals on, but that's just me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts