Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. guys, we got two of the wheels and tires put on and painted the rear oval pink just to see if we would like it. Or I should say if "SHE" would like it. Mine is blue and staying that way!!!
Don't hold back she wants your honest opinions from here before she gets it out in the real world.
Thank You all again for your replies!!!:beer
The link:
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/19122/65697
p.s.
The grill and all is in the house and will also get installed over the weekend. So it should be about ready for her to drive again as soon as I get the carb rebuilt!!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Wheels look great and if the pink oval is what she likes then go with it, it doesnt matter what we think, its her truck.

I want to say, that if it were my truck, my next priority would be painting that hardtop....

·
Designated Tranny Killer
7,309 Posts
the emblem doesn't look bad...............as long as your GF is driving it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
those wheels are the best looking stock rims ford ever used, imho.
and honestly...thats just enuff pink to hint that its a girls truck......without looking all girly/gay.
I totally agree, Ford really did good on those wheels!! Got all 4 of them with tires and center caps (with all the factory screws ) for $100.00 off a guy in GA that was building his standard F-150 to look like a lightning. I thought it was a good deal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wheels look great and if the pink oval is what she likes then go with it, it doesnt matter what we think, its her truck.

I want to say, that if it were my truck, my next priority would be painting that hardtop....
Yeah we're debating that. She wants to paint it, but I think we should get a different top completely. My uncle has an 81 and he painted the top only to have the paint peel off after a couple of years. :duh

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That turned out really good! Looks like a little work ahead of you yet, thats what keeps it fun.
Yes plenty of work she still wants to do, but at least she can drive it between projects. All she can talk about is taking them out together and her leaving me in the dust, because she has the bigger engine. I got a "secret" weapon though.....I'm thinking of putting a little NOS on mine just for one run to shut her up.:goodfinge

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The wheels look great! :thumbup
They really cleaned thing up nice.

I think you need to rethink that grille. I've heard of the "minimalist" look before, but that may be taking it a little far. ;)

The emblem looks great in the picture. I think (and this is just my opinion) that it would look cooler if the aluminum trim piece wasn't there and the emblem was mounted to the tailgate with the dark color behind it. It would make it "pop" more.

Then again, you may not want that.

My final comment - does she ever smile? She has a new toy and it looks like someone crapped in her corn flakes. In the words of the Joker - "Why so serious?"

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The wheels look great! :thumbup
They really cleaned thing up nice.

I think you need to rethink that grille. I've heard of the "minimalist" look before, but that may be taking it a little far. ;)

The emblem looks great in the picture. I think (and this is just my opinion) that it would look cooler if the aluminum trim piece wasn't there and the emblem was mounted to the tailgate with the dark color behind it. It would make it "pop" more.

Then again, you may not want that.

My final comment - does she ever smile? She has a new toy and it looks like someone crapped in her corn flakes. In the words of the Joker - "Why so serious?"
She doesn't like to be photographed at all, she says she is too fat and doesn't think she looks good and all that stuff, so I was really doing good to get that!!! Of course I tell her EVERDAY that she is thin and beautiful and that I think she is the prettiest girl in the world and that's why I married and that stuff that they want to hear...... you know how it is.:thumbup
I had mentioned removing the aluminum plate as well but I think she has made it pretty clear to me that she wants to keep that! I agree with you that it will make the pink stand out better, and I think she agrees with that too, but wants to keep it anyway.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, that makes sense.

And yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Are you planning on doing the emblem on the grille pink too?
Yes the front will get the same treatment. Now there is where she and I DO NOT AGREE. I am trying to tell her to modernize the look by replacing the stock grill with a "billet" style one, but she says she doesn't like them. I have never heard of such!!!:shocked

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't say I totally agree with you about the billets. Sometimes they look great, other times they look very "ricey". I guess it depends on which body style you have.

But in the end, its her truck - why start a fight?
I had an 86 model that I had modified EVERYTHING on, and I thought it really improved the looks of. Yes in the end it's hers, and I'm just the technical advisor, so that's all I can do is make suggestions and see where they go. I'm still just tickeld pink (no pun intended) that she loves these vehicles as much as I do and we get to do all this together, so I really just let her do what she wants!!!:chili:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
BlueBama you are almost making me feel guilty for not building out this 1990 I got for parts for the gf.

I got the thing home, and the first words out of her mouth were

"So this one is mine, right?"

However that wasn't as scary as when I got my '76 home and she had to help me get it in the garage, and when she jumped behind the wheel she exclaimed

"OOOO! Its my size!"

I may need to rethink this whole parting out business... :doh0715:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.