Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone post a picture of what the factory lever looks like that releases the passenger seat to flip forward for back seat access? Mine was broken so I made one, but I was wondering what the factory setup was.

This is what I have now:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Could someone post a picture of what the factory lever looks like that releases the passenger seat to flip forward for back seat access? Mine was broken so I made one, but I was wondering what the factory setup was.

This is what I have now:

wouldnt it be the same as driver side but flipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I just checked. No flippy floppy action for the driver's seat. It doesn't have any of the latch mechanism at the back. It is mounted solid.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is what my passenger seat looks like (factory)

Thanks! Interesting, I like a bigger tab anyway. I'm impressed they managed enough leverage to break mine off if the tab is that small originally. :ROFLMAO:

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,929 Posts
I dont think that second one is factory TBH. Check out my 85, with a long lever with an actual plastic "knob"

20200312_162550.jpg

I know it's not the best pic, but it's what I have. The seats themselves are from an 03 mustang, mounted on my factory 85 seat bases.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,929 Posts
Yeah, mine bends around quite easily.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I have an idea for an improved design that will let my children exit the rear on their own easier but may be too weak. I just need to get some more metal to rub on the angle grinder to make it. I ran out making my last one.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,929 Posts
My photos are of a '78 Custom and they are factory latches.
Hmmm...
I wonder why they would run that for two years then switch, when they kept the flip up mechanism the same. Maybe for better access for the rear passenger to let themself out?

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans
234 Posts
so Guys

driver side: its a foldable back not a flippable seat usually, which makes sense due to steering wheel in front.

below is 2 pictures, but basically the installation you did is very good, and close to my replica I did on the weekend:

I guess the red seat below setup is close to original

59.jpg

at my seat it was missing completly, so I had to fabricate something to make it work - not totally happy, but as a mock up for future, good enough, as its at least working now:

58.jpg

hope this helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts