Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

pillar pods on our 78-9 trucks

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  axaviere 
#1 ·
i looked in a few places and saw single, double and i think triple clusters that mount on the A pillar of a vehicle. they have them for a plethora of ricers and newer F150s & i am guessing that they will work on the broncos too, but anybody with a 78-9 work in a parts store? possibly have access to a few of these to test fit or maybe have one installed already? i would so like to throw the gauges up there & you could use 2 doubles or a 2/3 setup and have them all lined up. you guys have any input? AXE

#2 ·
ok, anybody with a 78-9 even have pods on their truck?

#4 ·
i could just as easily redo my dash and install them all there i think. i need to look into the wiring. really it scares me to think about doing the blinkers and factory stuff like that. i am not ready to do it yet so i have a while. plus my blinkers stopped not to long ago. i still have to fix that. i was thinking that with all the options that they have for the ricers we would be able to find one close to the contour of our 78-9s.

#6 ·
well talkin about the dash redo... does anybody in here have a totally custom aluminum or whatever dash? i was thinkin about this too... if you can get a wiring diagram it is not too hard... i helped my dad with the one he made for his truck... he has a 77 and it now housing autometer gauges and we used colored plastic cut out with lights behind them for all the indicators... we even relocated and mounted the VIN # so that the truck would still pass inspection... i will try to find some pics if u want me too... i thought it looked awesome... :toothless

#7 ·
tach,watr temp. and oil temp gauges

i bougth mine thet other day and istalled them rigth on the steering column. they dont seem to get in the way and its right in a handy spot to see them. i'll try to get a few pictures to let you guys see them. me and my dad put them on 2 days ago they look great:thumbup

#8 ·
Axe- I have several old dashes and i'm going to try and fit all my guages into the stock dash. I will practice on the jusk ones till I get it right. The problem is the fuel guage and high beam. If I ever get around to it I will post some pic's. I haven't been able to find any pillar pod's either.

#9 ·
cool d0ve, pics please. you too bubba. when you can of course

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.