Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sas parts bin just recieved a major addition today, courtsey of Davids78bronco.

I was a little leary of the origional leaf hangers I bought from a wrecking yard...They just looked a little flimsy for the wheel/tire combo I'm shooting for.

This thing is a beast...Just the way I wanted it.

Thanks for puttin' up with me(and my 50,000 PMs) Dave:beer

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Sweet, is it mounted yet?

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
I dont think it will fit your truck derrick. i know it will fit mine so send it to me

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
is that just anlge iron holding on the outside piece? I know its gonna get bolted to the frame, just wondering. Also, any reason you went opn the side of the frame instead of under? Maybe Im not see'ing how they are going to mount.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
plug ugly said:
is that just anlge iron holding on the outside piece? I know its gonna get bolted to the frame, just wondering. Also, any reason you went opn the side of the frame instead of under? Maybe Im not see'ing how they are going to mount.
No real reason for going up the open side other than I found a setup that I liked (TTblows), and bought the same hangers that he used. I know roughly what the lift(inch wise) is gonna be, so I just wanted to stay with what I knew.

After staring at them for a while, I just decided I needed something a little sturdier(sp) than those late '70s hangers, so this is the route I chose...Basically I didnt want to have to rethink anything...Thinking hurts enough as is.

You've probably already seen it, but here's Keith's setup.

As far as the angle iron. It looks like he just welded two peices of 3/8" together, and then welded them to the outside mount.

Here's a blurry pic

The hangers themselves are pretty close to an exact duplicate of the one's I sent him...Only now, I have a xmember(obviously), and they're overall WAY stronger.

Dont know if that clears anything up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts