Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing some help on what pinion angle shims I need. The driveshaft is at 18 degrees and the yoke is at 9 degrees.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,383 Posts
A pic would help. What plane are you taking the degrees from? Are you lifting it? Keeping the factory wedge block?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,383 Posts
So first off, I would say you only need another say 5°. You dont want the u-joint to be spinning perfectly, say if both measurements were 18°. A slight offset helps keep the grease distributed in the needles properly.

That being said, I dont know if I'd worry about your specific situation. Is the diff snout pointed at the TC output? Should be pretty close. Remember that if you raise the snout too much, when you compress the suspension, it may negatively affect your angle. If you jack the axle way up off the ground on one side, how does the pinion angle look?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It vibrates at low speed.it's a truck axle in a modes frame.f150 cut down to a fsb

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,400 Posts
Kinda hard to help out w/o knowing exactly what you are working with.
your last post adds more confusion as well.

Is this a truck frame that has been modified to fit under a Bronco?
if so, What Year & Model? (Incl your Bronco Info also please)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts