Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys gonna go watch the pinks all out on august 9th?

I got a ticket to race so I'll be there. Look for my car. 04 redfire(dark red) mustang cobra. plates say wutwhne.

·
I'm stuck :)
725 Posts
dude thats sweet that you got a ticket to race!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll be there running my friends 69 Camaro. He'll be running his 66 Nova. He wanted both cars in there & really had to twist my arm to drive one of 'em.
The Camaro runs 12.60's, the Nova 11.50's. We both know that neither of those time brackets will be picked for the finals but it'll be a hoot just to race 'em in that event.

·
Registered
209 Posts
We'll be there for both days testing and race day watchin

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be there running my friends 69 Camaro. He'll be running his 66 Nova. He wanted both cars in there & really had to twist my arm to drive one of 'em.
The Camaro runs 12.60's, the Nova 11.50's. We both know that neither of those time brackets will be picked for the finals but it'll be a hoot just to race 'em in that event.
Thats cool but they wont let you race his car unless the ticket is in your name. and they are non transferable.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
We raced our car at the one in Atlanta in May, it should be airing next week I think.

Don't get your hopes up. Its a total joke. They pretty much had their cars picked Friday night and were interviewing the guys then. You don't realize how "set up" it is til after the fact. Like Rich will tell you, its a TV show, not a race. You'll be lucky to get in 2 runs. I think we got one run Friday night and 2 Saturday. Just go with the attitude you'll have fun hanging out and just enjoying the experience.

For us it was one of those "been there, done that, don't have to do it again" kinda things.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Don't get your hopes up. Its a total joke. They pretty much had their cars picked Friday night and were interviewing the guys then. You don't realize how "set up" it is til after the fact. Like Rich will tell you, its a TV show, not a race.
A total joke? What about the part when the loser loses his car? Fake too?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
I'm talkin about "Pinks All Out" where they pick 16 cars to race for $10,000. Not the normal Pinks two car race.

"Pinks All Out" crams 500 cars into a weekend and then they proclaim to pick a class of 16 cars out of 500 based on 2 maybe 3 passes. When in reality they pick the coolest, crowd pleaser car and build a class around it. For Atlanta it was this diesel truck that got the crowd's attention. They interviewed him that Friday night and built the class around his truck -- which nobody really realizes while you're all sitting around hoping that your car is running in the bracket they're looking for.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Yeah, its legit, but alot is made for TV. Its a TV show, not a race. We had some local guys here build a car and go. I don't remember where they went, but a dark haired girl drove a black Fox body. Janice drove the car they built, and they wound up losing it. I forgot what happened to the car, I think they bought it back or something.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Its a good time, don't get me wrong. We had fun.

Oh and you better get there at least a day before they open the gates. They were to open the gates Friday morning at 8am. My brother got there with the car Thursday around lunch and there were already 100 tow rigs lined up, by that evening, the parking area outside the gate was packed. It was like a big party in the parking lot before people even got in.

If you've got any "pit crew" coming, they better be with you in the tow rig. There are NO extra vehicles allowed in the pit area.

The crowd was actually LARGER than the crowd that shows up for the Southern Nationals...and that's a big NHRA event.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was at the T & T night at Bandimere last night, and there were tons of cars. I was only able to make two runs in 2 1/2 hours. The tech guy said last night was the most cars he has seen at a T & T night. Next Wed might be a good night to go watch all the cars as it is just before the Pinks taping. It will be well worth the $10 spectator fee to see so many cool cars.

Scott

1 - 20 of 25 Posts