Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
I like it. One of these days I'm going to do mine. Any plans on cleaing up/ finishing the sides? Looks good! :thumbup

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spade said:
I like it. One of these days I'm going to do mine. Any plans on cleaing up/ finishing the sides? Looks good! :thumbup
The bare metal or cut edges get protective door edge molding so I don't cut myself. That's it. I'm keeping them light and simple.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
I actually braced mine inside so they wouldn't get loose over time while wheeling .. might wanna think about that Bro .. those skins were kinda flimsy on mine

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Blown said:
Cool Damager! The skins are coming, they will snap over the openings to weather it in. I think you are refering to the sheet metal I put over the opening. That's 18 guage and is rigid. The 1" square tubing also tightened them up and will allow snaps across the center of the vinyl skins so they don't flap in the breeze. I did the same with my old rolled and totalled 84 and they held-up fine. Yours definitely are made stronger, but a bit heavier.

Blown - Damager those Broncos rock!

I've got the utmost respect for you guys that can fabricate and weld!

Hell! I'm jealous even!

Keep posting pics. I'm very curious to see what it will look like the the with the vinyl on? Are they going to be "full" skins with windows?

There a guy up the road with a black and yellow 74 Bronco with the doorless set up. I've looked it a lot and wondered what a late model full size would look like dressed like that. Now I've got a pretty darn good idea... :thumbup

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
Blown said:
This is my version. Loose weight; gain visibility, wide open cool, or weathered-in.

If you have ever cut out sheet metal for a speaker you can do this. Materials totaled $40 to cut out the doors and reinforce them with “U”shaped sheet metal, 1”square tube, and metal strapping (sheet metal “u” shape ½ “turn down 4 7/8” ID). No step-by-step cause it ain’t not that hard to do. Any HVAC company can bend sheet metal for you. Pop rivets would be nice to use but I used self-drilling screws and ¼” bolts. I used door edge protector material to cover the exposed cut edges. I had previously drilled out the hinge pins and replaced them with bolts so I can easily remove the doors to work on. Nice to be able to easily remove them when engaging in activities that might rip them off the bronc! I did not spend the day setting them up as they are to tear them up!

Next I get snap on skins made so I can weather it in. I'll update when I do. there are more pics on my superford site.
I love it. :thumbup

Blown, are you still using yours as a daily driver? Do people look at you funny when they look over and can see right through your door, or um open air door, or geez what are you going to call that? What they would find so interesting is that the key hole and half of the door handle is still there.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts