Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my engine leaks oil... its got 163000 miles on it i want to buy a new one... cuz it pisses me off with the gay ass smell it makes when the oil drips down on my down pipes and what not... so my question is do i have to put another 302 in it or will my computer be fine with a 351? and im gonna have it built for me... how much power do yall think i can get outa it with the plann of it lasting as long as the first engine did... and the first engine still runs strong jus pisses me off and i want more power... lots more power. eny help yall can give me will be apreciated

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
cody678 said:
my question is do i have to put another 302 in it or will my computer be fine with a 351?apreciated
It wold be really grate if we knew wat year it was, that would really help. :banghead :thumbup :toothless

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
cody678 said:
... cuz it pisses me off with the gay ass smell it makes when the oil drips down on my down pipes and what not...

:banghead :slap ... fix the "gay ass leak and save your money kid

:shrug funny .. I never knew gay ass smelled like burning oil .. must be from the friction huh?

:histerica

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
well, you dont sound very old, therefore you prob dont have alot of money, so having a reliable, high horsepower engine built for you prob wont happen. so fix the leak and then worry about power.

and forgive me for assuming all of this, we had to assume the year/model of your truck, so i figured i might keep on assuming.

·
I break chit
4,685 Posts
SquattyD said:
well, you dont sound very old, therefore you prob dont have alot of money, so having a reliable, high horsepower engine built for you prob wont happen. so fix the leak and then worry about power.

and forgive me for assuming all of this, we had to assume the year/model of your truck, so i figured i might keep on assuming.

i am 19 and have a 393W being built. and already gears locker and semi built tranny......

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
he has a 94... according to his public info... :shrug

Fix the leak... it's probably a simple retorque the bolts on the valve covers type fix...

funny .. I never knew gay ass smelled like burning oil .. must be from the friction huh?
Damager... that was great... :histerica

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a 94 302... i have about $600 a month comin in from my gay ass job by the way i loved the gay as friction joke... and the only thing i spend money on is gas so like 60 bucks a month or 80... and i have plenty of time to save my money... for instance till the end of summer and when u assume things u make an ASS out of U and ME :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would realy love for somebody to give me some sites that are good that i could check out some crate engines on also! thnx

·
Registered
519 Posts
wow I think I want the last 2.5 minutes of my life back...this thread is useless :badfinger

·
Registered
79 Posts
go to links and then bronco web pages meisk5 i shure there will be something there about changing a 302 to a 351.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
To answer your original question, your original computer will not work with a 351W if you currently have a 302. The firing order is different. A 302HO will not work as well for the same reason. You can swap the computer but it's not easy, that is something to talk to Fireguy50 about.

As for places to go for new engines, I got my short block from Groom's, Jasper's is pretty good to, but I've seen bad reviews as well. A search on the internet will get you all the info you need.

As for Bluebeast, you have a great build up there, but unless you live on your own, pay all your own bills, bought your truck with your own money, paid for all the mods with your own money, and don't have an exuberant amount of credit card debt due to sed mods, I wouldn't go looking for alot of respect. If you have acomplished all of this, then big ups to you, you must have a kick ass job, but most 19 year olds can't afford to do all of what you have listed without some help from somewhere else. It's easy to build up a truck when living under your parents roof and don't have living expenses. But again, if this doesn't apply to you, you are doing better then probably 99% of everyone on here when they were 19.

·
I break chit
4,685 Posts
Andy351 said:
:rolleyes: i wish i was as cool as you
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
whoopdy-frekin-do
I didnt say what i said to get the wow ur cool (sarcasm) response i just stated it for the fact that sometimes its not always good to assume things....
I dont want to get flamed for these coments nor have anyone with bad feelings towards me... i know what i have gotten into with what i am doing motor wise... i like to come here and look at others ideas and learn from people, not come here and be told
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
whoopdy-frekin-do
by someone who doesnt know me or my intentions....

So sorry if anyone was thinking that i was showing off or trying to be better than everyone else... I was just trying to state that you shouldnt judge a book by its cover just because i am 19. and no the only thing that my parents have done for my truck are 1. gave it to me because we have owned it since it was new and 2. my dad is the middle man between me and the machinist while i am at school.

I again apologize to anyone who thinks that i am just a mouthy imature 19 yearold...

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
I am not some old curmudgeon whining about the young whippersnappers. I am also 20, I just built a 466 by myself, with my money, so I know its possible. It is however unlikely, because I am already out of school and working more than fulltime. I wasnt saying nobody has done it. I was just giving him crap for asking such a reaching, broad question. But having a reliable, high horsepower, cheap engine is a long shot no matter who you are.

I dislike it very much when other teenagers are rude and immature, because it just perpetuates the sterotype that we are all spoiled brats. And using phrases like "gas ass" certainly fits the bill.

As for your last question, www.ford-motors-engines.com

Enjoy.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Damn Smooth why did you get all adult on us and answer the question? What do you have like gay ass bullshiz repellant? :goodfinge

·
Registered
893 Posts
cody678 said:
i have a 94 302... i have about $600 a month comin in from my gay ass job by the way i loved the gay ass friction joke... and the only thing i spend money on is gas so like 60 bucks a month or 80... and i have plenty of time to save my money... for instance till the end of summer and when u assume things u make an ASS out of U and ME :)
wow, do u know how many times u said ass? i think that might b a record.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts