Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two sets of pistons and both give me their compression at zero deck. The question I have is how do I know if the pistons will be at zero deck when installed? One set has a compression height of 1.600 and the other set a compression height of 1.608. Will the one set be in the hole while the other set will be at 0deck? These are for a 302 engine with a deck height of8.206.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I have two sets of pistons and both give me their compression at zero deck. The question I have is how do I know if the pistons will be at zero deck when installed? One set has a compression height of 1.600 and the other set a compression height of 1.608. Will the one set be in the hole while the other set will be at 0deck? These are for a 302 engine with a deck height of8.206.
Now just how do you think we can figure this out for you? Buy or rent a dial-indicator and check your block with said piston installed in hole #1 to get any ideal of what it would be.

fwiw, by you asking that questions, tell me your not realizing what your doing. You better get a book or too and read up on engine treardown and repair procedures before you screw something up.

just my .02 cts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would say, find a machine shop that specializes in Fords and let them give you some ideas as to what they believe would work best for your application.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kinda hard to do that when the piston won't fit into the block until the block is bored .030 over. Also the crank has to be turned etc. I guess you would just take your block back to the machine shop after the initial boring to have the deck done. Then you could also,after having bought two sets of pistons just send one set back. Ifm you read my post I asked how it would be done not for figures. Thanks for being in the "no flame zone"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts