Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Discussion Starter #1
So my cousin called me this morning from Seattle. His son is getting separated/divorced and apparently runs a small breeding kennel for pits in the Seattle area.
Still needed a place to keep 2 of his boys while he gets resettled. Being the sucker I am for family and the "bully" breeds, I agreed to help him out.

So they jumped in the car and headed over.

Now we've got one 5.5 month old boy who's probably close to 60 lbs. already and a 7 year old stud the kid seems to think is worth 7k. Beautiful dogs and fairly well behaved though.

My little 50 lb. AmStaff is in for a hard lesson on getting along with other dogs. She's good... but overly dominant and that's not going to fly for her anymore. She's actually pretty butt-hurt right now... but she'll get used to it once they all figure out their places in the pack.
I'll have to stay on top of them for the first few days but they've eaten and played and beyond some "figuring it out" quarrels, they're all getting along pretty good.

Going to be an interesting month, that's for sure. I'll grab some pics sometime tomorrow. :thumbup

Like to see them damn coyote's come after my baby-girl now. :histerica

House of Windsor 4ever!
This reminds me of that Bill Engvall bit about his wife's dogs and the 'neighborhood' wolves. If I can find it, I'll post it up.

Premium Member
they get out of line, just give them some special dog treats. ;)

Discussion Starter #6
Don't think I've heard that one Andrew. :shrug

I think they're already used to those kinda treats jopes. ;) MMJ has already found it's way into Veterinarian medicine, here in WA state.

Gville, I could use that little girls help around here for sure. These dogs are great with people and I've already been told, the kids would be more heartbroken to lose them than the actual owners... who are obviously trying to do right in a bad situation. They are both lovers in a pretty major way. The young boy desperately wants to be part of a family and even the old boy just ignores the other dogs and wants to make sure he's cool with the people. Once he gets the "ok" assurance, gives a few licks and gets a pat and scratch... he's happy to go chew on a rock, eat a piece of firewood or sleep.

I love the breed. Grew up with 'em and had a few more of my own over the years. I hate the "rep" but I understand where it comes from. These dogs can be a handful and downright dangerous if not cared for and raised properly but in the hands of anyone who truly loves 'em and has even 1/2 a clue, they are one of the best, imho.
This is a water painting my Dad had made from a picture... my baby son and my last AmStaff/Pit "Jewel":

CJ.... that's funny crap but on the flip side, shit like that is likely why they were willing to drive across the state on a seconds notice to bring 'em all the way over here, to make sure they stay safe and out of the pound or worse.

I promised a few pics... the creme with blue nose is the baby boy, "Patrone" :)rolleyes:). The dark one is "Ace", who's in his prime... and of course, the little white/fawn bitch is my baby girl, Banshee.

Attachments

House of Windsor 4ever!
On one part, he's talking about how wolves attacked his wife's weiner dog, and the other dog, a stray German Shepard, runs out into the yard to attack the wolves and protect the Doxie. Later, at the end of his set, he talks about the wolves looking at his house, but not going up to attack it because they served "soy bacon."

Discussion Starter #9
sorry bud. I'm still in Fargo, visiting my boy... so, no more doggy pics until I get back home. tonight was my last night, hitting the road tomorrow. :thumbup

Discussion Starter #10
Over 1 month now. The kid isn't returning my calls at all. Contacted my cuz (his Dad) and he can't get ahold of him either and he's out on the road with a new job in Tx. or Ca. :shrug

I also learned that my brother was watching these same dogs 4 months ago when the kid was living out of his car. The young one has seriously under-developed legs from living in the car and hopping from place to place, without any real room to run or exercise. I thought his legs were just bad hips but over time and after learning some more... it's pretty obvious this kid is an irresponsible idiot and his dog is suffering for it.

Man... why do people have to take advantage of a good deal. I'm trying to maintain my cool... but I've got some serious shit to do this year and I can't get anything done with these dogs around here. I pulled out the chainsaw the other day to cut a border for the parking area and the young one wanted to lick the damn thing and then stood under the 5ft., 6"x8"... waiting for it to drop on his head. I had to stop everything to get him away from everything. I yell at him and he just sits there and looks down, ashamed for whatever he's being yelled at but no clue what to do.

So far... I should have sprayed the property for weeds with the poison I got from the county. Can't do that. So many other things I need to get done and just can't. They are good dogs but with no training, they are just up in every damn thing and swarm around us for attention if there's any chance at all we're paying attention to them. Already cost me a couple hundred in damages to stuff around the property because the older dog takes everything from the younger one, so he wonders off and starts chewing up shit that he shouldn't be (hoses, wood tarps, car cover, snowmobile cover, etc.) and I haven't gotten a single cent for dog-food since they left them here. :banghead

No good deed goes unpunished. Anybody want some dogs? :rolleyes:

I'd report the kid but I'll just destroy a family relation, the dogs will end up in the pound or eventually put down and the kid will pitch a fit and then go right back to it with his other dogs.

getting more pissed just typing this out. :banghead

Premium Member
I pulled out the chainsaw the other day to cut a border for the parking area and the young one wanted to lick the damn thing
:rofl: That made me laugh. Sorry someone took advantage for your kindness

Premium Member
That sucks, but don't take it out on the dogs, your doing the right thing. Here the one that we watch once in a while. she a really good dog.
and a pic with are Boston.

Discussion Starter #14
That sucks, but don't take it out on the dogs, your doing the right thing.
Oh no worries there. Dogs are like children... they have no responsibility in the actions of their "parents" or "people". I wouldn't have agreed to help in the first place if I was that kind of guy. :thumbup

That's a real looker your watching over. Good on ya! :beer
Responsible owners are too far and few between. Glad you're dealing with one.

We finally found someone who was able to get ahold of the kid. Says he's working in Auburn and had another phone "chewed up". :rolleyes:
Told me he'd be here on Sat., Sun. or Monday at the latest. Then I got a call today... "My alternator went out. $260 to replace."
I've got no sympathy left for the kid after the last "blow-off" and told him so. Life's a bitch and challenges are around every corner. They don't excuse us from handling our business.

He tried to put it off 'till Tue. Told him, unless it's going to cost him his job... he needs to get his ass over here and get his dogs, as he said he would. We'll see if he listens or is just shining me on again. :smilie_slap

Ace (the older, Alpha male) is tired of my Banshee's bullshit. She's started nipping at his tail, ears and back of his head... no matter how much I try and discipline her, she just won't leave him alone. He turned on her tonight and bit her ear. No real damage, but one of the biggest yelps I've ever heard out of her... so they both got a good "cowing" from the real Alpha around here. Ace tried to stare me down again in the process. Not happening buddy... :histerica

I've learned one thing for sure... I'm cool with 2 dogs. I definitely don't want to deal with 3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts