Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the "tech write ups" section and couldn't find one on replacing the axle pivot bushings, did I just miss it? I have a 95 and need to replace the pivot bushings. VERY little info in Chilton and Haynes says to drop the whole ttb assy. I'm mechanicaly inclined but this is my first Ford. Any help would be great. Thanks

J

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Very helpful. So, once the bolt that goes through the bushing is removed it will drop down far enough to work on? Anything else need to be removed or disconected? Does a jack or jack stands need to be placed anywhere? Sorry bout all the questions. This is my first time working on this type of suspension
Thanks

J

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Thanks! Very helpful. So, once the bolt that goes through the bushing is removed it will drop down far enough to work on? Anything else need to be removed or disconected? Does a jack or jack stands need to be placed anywhere? Sorry bout all the questions. This is my first time working on this type of suspension
Thanks

J

no, i removed the coil spring holders and radius arm bushings so it would drop down enough for the ball joint remover to fit. in the end it prolly would have been easier to just remove the whole ttb assembly, one of my bushings didnt go in straight. and it was a pita to get anything done under there. you need to support it by the frame with jack stands.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Be safe and always use jackstands to support the frame when working on the suspension or axles. The stands will allow you to lower the axle beams enough to change out the bushings. The bushing ends need to clear below the mounting brackets and engine crossmember. I use a floor jack under the axle beam, and another bottle jack under the hube for leverage (wheels removed).

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah ha..Thanks! Does sound less frustrating to just pull the whole damn thing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts