Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my dad's shop is too cheap to buy a OTC so he's left off to buy one for himself. He can't front the $2k+ so he's looking for payment options, anyone have any suggestions? Already asked the tool trucks and after doing some math figured out he's getting screwed on those.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I just bought one a few weeks back from the Matco tool guy for $2200, brand new. I got the complete package for that price. He had a special and if you could pay for it in cash the deal got better.

My point is check with some of the tool vendors and see if they are carrying them. They tend to have payment plans. The local Budget auto parts store by me is selling them as well but their price was just over $3k and we just paid $2200 for the same thing.

I'm very pleased with it and I've heard good things about it as well from other shops in the area.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem isn't finding one, it's finding one for "cheap". It seems everyone around here wants at least, or around $3k for theirs esp. the tool trucks.

Which one did you end up getting? He's looking for the new one, the Gen. IV(?) with ALL the good stuff: OBDI/II, Asian, European, Airbag, ABS, etc., etc..

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
That's the model we got. Fully loaded and we only paid $2200 for it. It's the latest and greatest model. We get really good deals from our Matco dealer. I don't think he has any more promotional models left. I think it was a one time deal that we had to either buy now in full or not get the deal at all.

Even Budget auto parts wanted just over $3K for it but i think he offered a 15% discount but that still didn't get him close to the price we ended up paying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts