Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Having no money sucks. However, being an inquisitive college student, I'm not easily discouraged by mere lack of funding; it's a lifestyle! Doing some research, emailing, etc., I think I've come up with a cheap solution to replacing my leaky, rusted, and probably-clogged Y-pipe and catalytic converters.

The Y-pipe itself was the big variable, but after some forum-searching, I believe a dual-pipe setup would be best. Apparently Ford agreed with that, because it happens that they made their manifold-to-cat pipes on 88-96 F-250's dual pipes.

BTW, that's an Arvin-Meritor piece, #450014. It costs around $129.

Adapting this to a BKO presents a slight challenge, in that the end is a flange. This could be a blessing or a curse, depending on how we look at it. I think a Flowmaster Y-pipe, as shown right here could be fitted with a flange, or I could just cut the flange off and MIG the pipes together. Personally, I'd like to keep the flange because if one part goes bad, I could replace just that one. Also, I'll have to add a tube for somewhere to put the A.I.R. pipe after the HEGO bung. No biggie.

My other concern is with the position of the HEGO. It appears to be pretty damn far back, away from the original position. I know in my Mustangs that repositioning the HEGO caused its own problems, but that's an SEFI setup.

I'd like to ask all of you your thoughts on this. Moreover, will this even FIT up there between the E4OD and the frame rail? I've been up there several times trying to figure out where the exhaust leak(s) were coming from, and to me, it's pretty darn slim. Getting the cooler lines off the E4OD was enough of a pain when I had to drop the trans and replace the torque converter.

Think it'll work?

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,874 Posts
that bung is to far back for sure. having that moved closer would be prefered. as for fitment, i dont think anyone would know but for your sake lets hope so.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
go w/ a bassani y-pipe

or go to a local muffler shop...my local muffler shop is building me a brand new 2into1 ypipe outta 2.5 inch tube for 100 bux for my 351w swap

two seperate pipes is gay...that why we get rid of the stokc'
'
dc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts