Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know the little plastic nipple covers you see on vacuum ports on a carb or slipped over the end of pointy things to keep them from tearing thru stuff. any idea where to look for such a thing? i am looking for a kite catalog as i know they are in there, we use them for shafts & stand offs. thanks, AXE

·
Registered
506 Posts
I buy 'em at the local carquest. bag of 50 assorted sizes cost about toofitty.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, i will check that out. i called one parts store the other day and i wanted a set of rear axle seals and a gaskets for the axle shafts on my D60 for when i do the rear disc brake kit. the was saying "transfer case, drive shaft" i kept saying AXLE SHAFT GASKETS & INNER SEAL. he just kept reading off other stuff, i finally hung up and called the 2nd closest place and the guy found them in a minute. i am going to take them back to the first place and ask them what kind of idiots they are.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't keep asking for a year, make and model. When were looking for parts for my friends D60 nobody except napa and CQ knew what we were talking about.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man i am telling ya. i called about seals & gaskets for the rear 60 since i am adding disc brakes soon. might as well do it while i got it apart. & the guy kept going "transfer case seal, differential seal, blah blah..." i kept saying axle shaft gasket & axle seal. i went up the street & the guy says "8 hole gasket?" they knew right off. i know i could use RTV, but i just wanted a gasket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts