Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw one today that had all the quarter panels replace with removable rubber? plastic? quarter panels. Looked good because made truck look wider but besides wieght reduction seems would make truck less crash worthy???

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Racers use them for quick access to there shocks and other suspension parts to make adjustments out in the desert. They just pop them off make the needed adjustments and put the fenders back on. The same principle as NASCAR making adjustments in the pit. I see no need for that for just for a street/trail rig....:shrug

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Blaze said:
Racers use them for quick access to there shocks and other suspension parts to make adjustments out in the desert. They just pop them off make the needed adjustments and put the fenders back on. The same principle as NASCAR making adjustments in the pit. I see no need for that for just for a street/trail rig....:shrug
But Blaze....Bling Bling.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Oh yeah, I guess you could get some gold plated...it would go good with that black paint job...don't forget the gold spoke rims!!There ya go Drilim, now that would be some serious BLING! WORD! :toothless

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Blaze said:
Oh yeah, I guess you could get some gold plated...it would go good with that black paint job...don't forget the gold spoke rims!!There ya go Drilim, now that would be some serious BLING! WORD! :toothless

Yeeeee-Haw.

Official thread hijack.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I wonder how much impact they can take. I think they look neat. I thought I read some where that they don't dent and they are hard to crack. I wish my quater panels did not dent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Plastic body panels would be killer for rock crawling. Imagine snapping on the plastic for the trail and swapping out when you got home. All the dents gone ,cept doors I guess. It's why motocross bikes have plastic gas tanks(instead of steel like back in the day).:thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts