Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone (or in my case, anyones children) have the playstation PSP? its one of the things we got our son for Christmas, the games are almost as realistic as the PS2 and tonight we got it online wireless and surfed the web (pic below) and set up the account thing and he's now playing against someone head to head online (Madden 2006), i guess for me being raised up on the commodore64 and atari this just blows my mind a bit :toothless

heres where we were surfing FSB ...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I love the PSP's but I don't have any cash to buy one myself. They are pretty bad ass though.

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
thats cool as hell
how much does one of those things cost?

wow, i got to see what it feels like to be logged in as the boss!

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jb77714 said:
thats cool as hell
how much does one of those things cost?

wow, i got to see what it feels like to be logged in as the boss!
easy now, next you'll want to ban someone :toothless it was 249.00 for the psp, i think the games are around 50.00

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Cool but I cant afford it

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dustin said:
sorry i like my big screen and stereo system too much to have a samll ass psp
me too, but i can see where this will be cool as hell on vacation, sitting on the beach in a wireless area, etc and keeping my son quiet on long drives :toothless

oh yea, it plays movies too http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/umdmovies.aspx?all

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dustin said:
what sucks is you need to buy games and movies specific to the psp

ummm, isnt that the point of something portable? :toothless

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
My son has one. I just got him 1GB of memory for it for Christmas. And he got a 30 GB video iPod. Spoiled kid. But...I won't let him connect it to the web. He has a PC for that....and I monitor it closely.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
dsotmoon said:
ummm, isnt that the point of something portable? :toothless

portable dvd players still use regular dvds.....

what sucks is say you have a favrote game on your regular ps2, but you want to play it on your psp you have t obuy it again. so now its like 100bucks instead of just 50

I just think its a gimic for playstation to rack dough

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
peteyg said:
Spoiled kid. But...I won't let him connect it to the web. He has a PC for that....and I monitor it closely.
mine too, only child, he will be 14 next month so we're loosening the reins a bit, plus he figured out how to get it online to surf the web by himself :toothless i had to figure out how to play the games online though

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Dustin said:
portable dvd players still use regular dvds.....

what sucks is say you have a favrote game on your regular ps2, but you want to play it on your psp you have t obuy it again. so now its like 100bucks instead of just 50

I just think its a gimic for playstation to rack dough
I think the same way Dustin, the other day I tried to get pistons for a 350SB to fit in a Yota 4 banger, gat damn things dont fit, what a gat damn gimmick.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
we got a bunch of the PSP's around the barracks here...portable DVD players/PSPs can keep ya entertained pretty well :thumbup...i personalyl don't want to shell the money out for reasons that Dustin brought up..when i get to the sandbox i'll just buy an Xbox360 instead of having such a small game station with such a $$$ tag.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
i bought one of those to keep me amused when i flew out west a few mos. ago, it's really cool but i only have two games for it, baseball and golf...

joe, how do you connect to the internet with it?

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
They are fun to hack, you can get a version of Linux on them too. Before sony released the web browser it was more popular to hack them. Ah the broing life of nerds in a IT dept when the boss is gone

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jackhart said:
joe, how do you connect to the internet with it?
not sure, i'll have to ask my son :toothless i guess it works like newer laptops and it will search for a close wireless network, i have a wireless router setup in the house for the laptop

·
The Doc
1,157 Posts
they come with vesion 1.0 i belive first you go to network settings and setup your connection via wireless router then go to network update and update it to newest version 2.6 and install it and and the internet web browser will be next to the game menu

1 - 20 of 23 Posts