Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

My name is Andrew and I am a college football player originally from Littleton, CO but I go to school in San Antonio, TX. I've been a member for a few months now, and I have even made a few posts, but I'm finally just getting with it and introducing myself to the site.

Now about my ride....

It is a 95 XLT with the 351 engine. I got it when I turned 16 when it had about 122,000 miles on it. Two+ years later it's at 145K and still running strong. It was bone stock when I bought it except for these stupid looking running boards which I soon replaced with some Warn steps. I put on a Flowmaster 40 series catback with quad tips to make it sound nice. Add a K&N FIPK to that and I get air in and out pretty efficiently. I replaced the stock manual locking hubs with a set of Warn Premiums, one of the best investements I could have made. I've also upgraded the stock speakers and radio and I replaced a broken front headlamp assembly with crystal clear assemblies on both sides. I get comments all the time about how nice my Bronco is, and I try to take real good care of it and keep it very clean inside and out. Bottom line is, I love the Bronco, and I will drive it and take care of it until it dies, then rebuild it and drive it some more.

My next project is to replace the stock shocks because in their old age they are causing my tires to wear unevenly. I was thinking of getting the Rancho RS5000 or R9000 but I have heard mixed reviews. I'm going to check out the Bilsteins next. Any feedback on personal opinions on ride quality of different shocks would be much appreciated, though I have read just about every thread on shocks on this site. And should I replace the springs too? I was thinking of lifting it, but with all the driving I do between SA and home (US 287 is my bitch) I figured my gas mileage would go to shit. I might get a CB/PA just for fun and I may also get bigger wheels to replace the stock ones but keep the same diameter of tire. A cowl or ram air hood would be cool too. So many cool things to do and not enough time or cash to do it.

Sorry for writing so much, I just want to give everybody here a very detailed idea of who I am and what I'm about so I can maximize the vast wealth of information on this site. Broncos are one of the most versatile vehicles ever made and I'm glad I can be part of a site with so many other people who share my opinion.

-Andrew

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Welcome to FSB. You should post some pics of your truck. Check out the search function it should be able to answer any of your questions

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check my garage Todd, I just put a pic up like two minutes ago.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
That would look good with some 33's on it

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could do that if I got new wheels, but would they rub?

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
You'll need to extend or cut you're front bumper but other than that it'll clear..do a search, it's been discussed how to shim out your bumper....he's right though, a set of 33" BFG M/T's would look slick on that ride.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard and nice looking rig ya got....:beer

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Bienvenidos Compa! Me llamo Amarillo Viejo, y soy de los estados unidos, es todo del espanol que yo se. Adios!

on a side note, the Rancho 9000 are now 9 way adjustable, the bilsteins are around the same price, and are not adjustable at all, run the rancho's you'll be happy you did.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts