Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i bought this bronco in the summer of 08 i had it tuned up oil change sparkplugs airfilter oilfilter fuelfilter new gas tank body work but i also crashed it just messed up the front driver side i drove everyone home then parked it it was running fine no smoke running smooth but i just tried to start it again its been a few months but it wont even turn over, theres a weird almost grinding noise but not quite and i charged the battery but still the same thing happens my dad said it might be the starter because it doesnt click or nothin but please help me out. thanks for looking

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I suspect your starter isn't engaging the drive gear. Take the starter off and test it.

Also since your just starting with this Bronco recommend you find a Haynes manual for it.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,961 Posts
Unbolt starter and run it down to any chain auto store and they can check it for free. Also, follow the ground wire from the battery down to the block/frame and make sure it ain't corroded.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im a dumb ass the charger said the battery was charging and it lasted a couple of days before dying, so in the end it just needed a battery. thanks for the help though

·
89 Problems
2,554 Posts
for the future dude, it makes it a lot easier to read if you use punctuation in your posts. :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts