Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with my truck real bad. Im a decent wrench and i have every tool i could ever need so thats not a problem. Heres whats wrong:

1) Pisses oil out of the air box (i replaced the PVC valve to no avail)
2) Stalls when shifting gears (idle air control valve has been replaced)
3) brakes always tight

any halp would be great. thanks

-Nick

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Well, for #1 it's a good thing ya got all those tools 'cause you can use them to rebuild that motor to solve that problem.

#2 and #3 I honestly can't be much help. Maybe if you wanted to give more info...........

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
#1 sounds like bad blow by. Time for a new engine or rebuild.
I wouldn't worry about #2 too much untill #1 is fixed. fixing #1 will probably cure #2 :D

"3: brakes always tight", not sure what that means, or what could be wrong. I always assumed tight brakes were a good thing

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Sounds like you have cylinder gone bad. Do a compression check to find out. Had the same thing happen to me with the oil coming in the air box. Cylindar 8 went bad on me. And a new engine later here I am

·
Registered
315 Posts
by air box you mean the thing on the drivers side of the engine bay, the big thing connected to the two big air hoses with the big filter in it? haha sorry for the retard discription but i just wanted to make sure i was on the same page...
if you have oil in there wouldnt it be coming from the valve cover breather tube?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, its comming from the breather tube, but theres way to much oil in there. I replaced the pvc valve and nothing happened, still does the same thing. My mechanic said there was something clogged inside, but i cant remember what and i dont have the money to get it fixed, id rather do it myself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have to go with Broncomx. Mine was doing the same thing, new pcv valves nothing happened. Turns out my #8 cylinder had a busted oil ring. New rebuild and problem solved.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much was the rebulid?

·
Registered
245 Posts
if you put your thumb over the pcv valve do you feel vacuam along with a change in rpm? Pcv hoses rot a lot from the inside out and then collapse and not function. Also was the pcv valve you took out plugged, the tube leading to the pcv may be plugged. Also with the pcv out and the engine running do you see a lot of smoke coming out where it goes in?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
something clogged???? what do you mean?
john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts