Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My F250 is registered as a 78 but the only thing that is 78 about it is the body. The chassis is actually a Hiboy F250, between the years 73-77.5. I know this because it has the leaf-sprung Dana 44 HD, old-style ram steering system, and a divorced 205. However, since I can't find the VIN on the frame rails I don't know exactly what year it is. So here's my problem: A few weeks ago I lost a couple of wheel studs when they broke off. I limped it home and spent the better part of an afternoon taking everything apart (lots of annoying problems such as the calipers were put on with an impact gun, the remaining wheel studs were just spinning and had to be welded in place to get a wrench on them, etc. :banghead ). Well, I had to get a new 16.5 wheel and rotor because they were trashed from the ride home on six studs. No problem there. But six of the eight holes in my hub assembly also got routed pretty bad out so I have to replace that as well before I can put it back together. Well, finding that particular piece is becoming nearly impossible. Parts stores don't have them and trying to find an eight-lug 70's Ford in a boneyard is next to impossible. I did find a pair on ebay for $159 that includes two hubs and two rotors. Will those work on my 44HD? Everything I've read is contradictory as to which years these axles will interchange between. My hub isn't completely round, it is kind of star-shaped (six sided), so I'm hesitant to buy anything round. Anyone have any advice? I need to get this thing running again.....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts