Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know i found some really good pics of a timing marker that was painted yellow around the circle and on the tip of the pointer. So where did they go?? I beleive that my timing marker must have been broken off at some point. Where can I get a oem pointer besides the junkyard? And if anyone knows how hard is it to pull the old on off and put a new one on? :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
The markers are held on with the timing cover bolts on the left side as you're looking at the engine. If I remember right you have to remove the crank pulley to get the bolts out (they are long) but I'll verify that.
EDIT: You can make a new pointer out of brazing rod or something to get by for a while if you need to have something now.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I could get someone to measure the distance from the peep hole to the pointer that would give me a good idea of how to judge it buy eye or like you said put proper length substitute rod?????? maybe:rockon

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does this pic help at all? I know its not a measurement, but you might be able to get a rough visual off it. Note that this was before I actually bolted it to the cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts