Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i was driving and i noticed my 94 bronco when i would take a left turn its like the alignment would get thrown way out of wack and i would have to hold the wheel to the left otherwise it would want to veer right bt when i straighten the wheel at a stop and look to see if its visually out of alignment its pretty straight other than a little camber issue that i cant seem to get rid of.... does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,098 Posts
Check your radius arm brackets. Sounds like one is a little rusty and the arm may have popped through. Post pics of them. You do live in the rust zone. ....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to update this steering problem i was parked today with the engine running and i tried to turn the wheel and it was almost like it was locked up only after maybe a third or its ability to turn and i tried going the other way and it went almost all the way to lock but not quite

sackman i didnt get the pictures today ill try for tomorrow

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
please put better topics in the thread title for others when they search.

Please Help is not going to help anyone when they search for tie rods, or steering issues.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a 1994 and just had a steering issue. It sounded like the steering box was whining. But it wasn't the steering box exactly. Check where your cross member joins with the left frame rail. There are some rivets in that area to the frame rail near the steering box. My rivets had stretched out and the steering box was torqueing on the area. I needed the frame to be welded up. Steering is fixed, alignment was possible now and no more steering box whining noise. I also had to replace a tie rod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts