Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Bronco XLT and it didnt come with a radio. I just bought a new Pioneer DEH-1100 for it. There's only 1 problem..The guy i bought it from had a radio in it, but took it out and he didnt give me any of the books for the truck. I was just wondering if anyone out there in this great forum might have a radio wiring diagram or might no where i can find one so i can put this damn radio in.

Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
From the sounds of it, you're trying to plug the radio in to work with the factory speakers. If that's the case, get a harness adapter that you will connect to the radio wiring and it will plug into the factory harness. If you're not going with the factory wiring a diagram won't do you much good. But it's pretty simple, you usually have power from battery, power from ignition, ground, speaker +/- to each corner. Hopefully your radio wires are still marked.

Biederboat

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did he cut the factory harness, or just unplug his adapters and take them. Look and see if you still have 2 plug ends in the dash where your radio goes, Should be a gray one and a black one both are 2 inches long, if there there then all you need is a radio adapter, walmarts have them for about 10 bucks. Then just wire and plug its easy. good luck

·
U jelly of my
3,217 Posts
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158707

From what i remember, the yellow is the radio switch on, the red is constant on, and black is ground

Blue is power antenna (dont have)

i THINK orange is dimmer

If you dont find the diagram online i'll look for the diagram that came with my radio and install kit from crutchfield but im 100% i still have them

·
Registered
41 Posts
1989-91 Ford Bronco (fullsize) Stereo Wiring
Constant 12V+ Green/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black
Ground Red or Black
Illumination Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Trigger n/a
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors
Left Front (+) Orange/Green
Left Front (-) Black/White
Right Front (+) White/Green
Right Front (-) Black/White
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Side Panels
Left Rear (+) Pink/Green
Left Rear (-) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (+) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (-) Green/Orange

...thats the wiring diagram for the radio harness..i would suggest for an easier install to purchase a factory to aftermarket harness to keep the factory plug..or wire it ur self by splicing/cutting soldering factory harness to new radio..aftermarket radio harness color wires is as follows,

Constant 12V+ YELLOW
Switched 12V+ RED
Ground BLACK
Illumination ORANGE
Dimmer ORANGE/WHITE
Antenna Trigger BLUE
Antenna(AMP TURN ON) BLUE/WHITE
Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors
Left Front (+) WHITE
Left Front (-) WHITE/BLACK
Right Front (+) GRAY
Right Front (-) GRAY/BLACK
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Side Panels
Left Rear (+) GREEN
Left Rear (-) GREEN/BLACK
Right Rear (+) PURPLE
Right Rear (-) PURPLE/BLACK

let us know if you have any questions! i do car stearos for a living..will be posting up dates on my broncos system here soon..15's and 2500watts rms :goodfinge

·
Registered
143 Posts
doin this now as well. PO cut wires...fun! how can left rear neg and right rear pos. both be pink/blue?? i've installed 4 cd players b4 and never saw this before. i have power but no sound. i am gonna pull the trim and check da speakers. thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
will this be the same for the 82? im fairly sure I have a short in the chop job the previous owner did, but i just wanna make sure im playing w the rite wires! and the chilton manual is absolute zero help!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, Do you have the wiring code for a 1995 Bronco? The ones that I have pulled off the internet for a 95 and such do not match the wires that are present. I am installing a stereo and having to find each wire the hard way. But I still wont know which speaker is which until I have the stereo powered on and then I try each one to each output. So I rather KNOW which speaker is which so I dont have to go through the pain of finding out the hard way which speaker is which wire set. Right now I went through the hard part of finding the power wires and one speaker, but I prefer to know which wire set goes where before I hook up the stereo...

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
The rear grounds on my 88 were pink,if you look at the plug for the speakers you will notice the color that is the same and thats the ground.
doin this now as well. PO cut wires...fun! how can left rear neg and right rear pos. both be pink/blue?? i've installed 4 cd players b4 and never saw this before. i have power but no sound. i am gonna pull the trim and check da speakers. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Apologize to hijack this with my own question, but I can't seem to post.

I have a 1984 Bronco, previous owner clipped all the wires. I've been able to track down which wires are which with the help of this post. but I have 5 rogue wires.

a four wire cluster consisting of:
Green with yellow stripe
Black
Brown
White with violet stripe

one random
blue with purple stripe.

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,871 Posts
I can look when i get home, my radio is out at the moment so it'll be super easy. What speaker arrangement do you have? Dash? Doors? Rear quarters? Mine has only the two door speakers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have two rear and two in the door, half thinking that while i'm at it I should just rob a dash speaker from one of the farm trucks tonight and slap that in there too.

I'm pretty sure my green with the yellow stripe is a power line. Still playing find the wire lol.

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,871 Posts
My power wire is lime green with yellow stripe.
Dimmer wire is yellow.
Ground is part of the aftermarket radio harness

·
Registered
3 Posts
I figured it out, thank you for the help. the little four cluster of:
Green with yellow stripe
Black
Brown
White with violet stripe

is actually to an indash digital clock and calendar. It had the unit in there, but it 'never worked' according to the guy I bought it from. Turns out you need to plug it in for it to work lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.