Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I don't post often, which means I can't start threads in other sections. But there's a VERY good looking '79 at the LKQ junkyard in Stanton (Orange County, SoCal) that is just going to go to the crusher. I don't have room for it or I'd buy the whole thing from them. Please save her!

Mods please move the post as required to the right spot :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Man, it would be a SHAME if it is crushed!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,523 Posts
Man, thats like 100 times nicer than the 78 f150 I have and refuse to get rid of...

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,061 Posts
I wonder what's even wrong with it? Maybe damage on the driver's side? It sucks they destroy the title when vehicles go to the JY, because that looks roadworthy without much effort. I know it's possible to get a destroyed title reinstated in CA, but it's a tedious process.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Once it hits the junkyard - aint no saving it....they wont sell it our right.
I was wondering if that might be the case. I emailed a JY near me about a 93 Bronco that looked like it had been sitting a while and someone started pulling the gas tank to get it running, gave up and junked it. It wasn't rotted out like most around here and thought it was a shame it would be crushed. But, they never did reply, so...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Once it hits the junkyard - aint no saving it....they wont sell it out right.
That's not necessarily true. CA rules may differ, but the yard I usually go to here will sell an entire vehicle. They just make sure you know it doesn't have a title anymore.

I've gone through the process of recreating a destroyed CA title, so I know that that is possible in at least some circumstances.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I emailed a JY near me ... But, they never did reply, so...
The yards here won't even call you back about a requested part, or notify you when a paid for part has been pulled and is ready for pick-up, let alone answer an email.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,523 Posts
Yards here will sell you anything you want. Some, they save out and sell because they are too nice to be parted.

9/19 set date isnt all that bad, depending on the yard. The f350 i pulled an axle from was there 2 weeks before I got to it. Nothing had been touched.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,228 Posts
It is the policy of LKQ junkyards to not sell a entire vehicle once it is in the lot. I have asked. They wont even sell the complete frame. I was thinking of doing a frame off restoration and thought about buying a frame to work on while I still drove my truck. They wont even do that.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
62 Posts
Once it hits the junkyard - aint no saving it....they wont sell it out right.
Incorrect. I've bought 3 vehicles from junk yards. 2/3 were salvage title and required brake and lamp inspection, vin verification, and smog. The third was registered as scrap, and impossible to register under any circumstances. There's a big difference between the two. For example, at pick n pull, they have a side lot with cars for sale, but once they go in the stripping yard they're registered as scrap and cannot be sold or removed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts